Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Remember the heart and the magic!||”|
—Michael Bay's catchphrase regarding Transformers 2
|“||I don't even know how you spend that much money on a movie.||”|
—Michael Bay on the budgets for other 2007 summer blockbusters, Transformers DVD commentary
Michael Bay (February 17, 1965 -) is an American film director and producer. He is the director of Dreamworks' Transformers live-action movie. He is better known as the director of several highly successful blockbuster motion pictures, such as Bad Boys, The Rock, and Armageddon.
He demands that things be AWESOME. And explode. Because explosions are awesome.
- "BayBot," a joking representation of Bay in toy form, was "advertised" in an easter egg on the Transformers DVD. The toy is an Alternators Battle Ravage with a humanoid head and Autobot insignia. And puppies. It's quite disturbing, actually. The toy was created by Hasbro's Transformers design team for Bay, but he had no idea that Paramount DVD had included it as an easter egg joke.
- When the production required a fictional tail serial number to paint on the real MH-53 Pave Low helicopters representing Blackout, Bay decided to use the tail number from his own personal Gulfstream Aerospace G-1159A jet, 4500X.
- Michael's computer, as he said, was attacked by hackers that wanted to know the names of Transformers that will appear in the movie. Thus, he made a promise to the fans that he'll reveal these names soon, claiming that "he likes his computer" and "has a lot of secrets... in there".
- During a television interview on June 13th, 2007 in Australia on the Ten Network's news hour, Bay stated that Hugo Weaving had recorded his lines as Megatron in Australia while Bay directed him from the U.S. using Apple iChat, and thus, he had never actually met the actor.
- Susan Bay, a relative of Michael Bay, is married to famed Star Trek actor (and the original voice of Generation One Galvatron) Leonard Nimoy, and apparently it was due to their substantial contributions to the Griffith Observatory that Michael was allowed to film Transformers at that location.
- According to Bay, the human bystander that Megatron flicks aside during the Mission City sequence was Bay himself (one assumes he means it is a CGI digital double made in his appearance). This 'cameo' replaces one he filmed where he was the driver of the silver Mercedes-Benz ML320 that Megatron tosses aside.
- Two of Michael Bay's dogs are linked to Transformers. One, Mason, is the dog Miles is seen giving a bath to during the film. A new puppy he got while working on the film was named Bonecrusher. No word yet on what, if anything, the dog hates. (We know, however, who hates the dog.)
- He starred in a Verizon FiOS commercial in which he had an awesome pussy cat (a tiger), an awesome grill (with a life-size Bumblebee, also awesome), and an awesome pool. Typically, he had a switch to blow something up, which he did...three times. The cat was not blown up (which was fortunate), but all three explosions were AWESOME. Though one of the things being blown up was the (AWESOME) Verizon guy helping Bay set up his FiOS connection, so he would have something to say about that...if he wasn't in smoldering pieces.
- The awesome Verizon guy was only blown up in one of the (at least three) versions of the commercial. In the other two, Bay blows up another (awesome) grill instead. In one, he then invites the Verizon guy to help him blow up "something cool in the backyard." Needless to say, these awesome Verizon guys are much happier than the first.
might beprobably is responsible for the sexual overloads in Revenge of the Fallen.
- DIDN'T YOU???
- ↑ A very short interview on E!
- ↑ A comment Bay made during the Transformers promotional reel at BotCon 2006
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 According to Michael Bay on the Transformers movie DVD audio commentary.
- ↑ Easter egg on the Transformers movie DVD depicting the shooting of an unused scene.
|Go to IMDb for more information |
about Michael Bay.