If Autobot Intelligence tells you that Midnighter XR-4 is planning to attack you at noon...well, go ahead and take a long lunch. He somehow manages to be late for anything and everything he plans—ironically, because he's so obsessed with punctuality, he's invariably too preoccupied actually to be on time. Combined with his twitchy and paranoid nature, this does not help his effectiveness as a warrior.
|“||Never a minute of peace.||”|
—Midnighter XR-4's packaging tagline
- Midnighter XR-4 (Real Gear Robots, 2008)
- A redeco of Meantime, Midnighter XR-4 transforms into a (non-functional) digital wristwatch of a made-up model. Like all Real Gear Robots toys, his robot mode is apparently at 1:1 scale. Midnighter XR-4's display reads the time of 4:35 p.m., with a date of Tuesday, August 26th. The display face rotates around to display the time properly as a watch, and then again to align for robot mode. He has an Auto-Morph feature as well: Pulling his legs down makes his head and shoulders rise as part of the transformation. You'll need the tiny wrists of a little girl to wear him in watch mode without cutting off all the circulation to your hand.
- Midnighter was part of the final wave of Real Gear Robots for the first movie line, along with Twitcher F451 and Farsight T-20. As it is unknown if the assortment will return for the sequel, they may be the last of the Real Gears.
- Midnighter XR-4 appears to be wearing a miniature version of himself on his left wrist.
- Midnighter XR-4's display when read upside down spells "Seth", a birthday present from the toy's designer to his brother (according to the BotCon 2008 Hasbro designer's panel).
- With a Rank stat of 8, Midnighter has the highest Rank of the Decepticon Real Gears, which may make him their leader by default.