Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Misfire is the kind of guy you want on the Decepticons' side—if you're an Autobot, that is. He couldn't hit the broad side of Broadside. He holds the record for enrolling and failing the Decepticon Military College, only graduating because the Autobots blew it up. He claims his aim is getting better. What was it like before?!
- French name (Canada): Longfeu
- Italian name: Elektro
American cartoon continuity
- Voice actor: Stan Jones
Misfire was one of several Decepticon jets serving under Scourge and Cyclonus when they attacked Autobot City as part of a division while the Decepticon Clones stole the Key to the Plasma Energy Chamber. After Scourge successfully activated the chamber on Cybertron (and inadvertently sent a shuttle full of Autobots and the key halfway across the galaxy), Misfire, Triggerhappy, and Slugslinger were among the Decepticon unit sent to retrieve the key. Following the Autobots to Nebulos, Misfire, alongside Cyclonus and Scourge, blasted both Sureshot and Crosshairs.
After being soundly trounced by the new Autobot Headmasters, the Decepticons made a deal with the Hive to donate their heads and weapons for the binary bonding process. Misfire liked his partners to have short, memorable names. Armed with this new skill, Misfire and his Targetmaster companions successfully helped reacquire the Chamber's key...though Misfire himself and Aimless didn't really do very much that was helpful. To anyone.
Misfire did very little afterwards.
Japanese cartoon continuity
- Voice actor: Tomomichi Nishimura
Triggerhappy and his partners, Misfire and Slugslinger, were frequent opponents of the Autobot trio under Pointblank's command. While they were all engaged in combat over several space-faring denizens of planet Master, a massive explosion caught everyone off-guard. Triggerhappy and his partners and foes alike were transformed into Targetmasters, somehow fused together in pairs with each of the smaller Master Transformers by the explosion.
Marvel Comics continuity
After the Autobot Highbrow stole Scorponok's head, Misfire led a group of Decepticons to recover their leader. Almost immediately after getting Zarak and Scorponok reattached, Misfire and his companions were cast into limbo to make room for the time-traveling Soundwave and Terrorcons from 2009.
Misfire was damaged to an unknown extent when a surface-to-air cannon manned by Finback overloaded and exploded. Seeing as they were fighting Unicron, and Misfire was never seen again after that point...well, fill in the blanks.
IDW Generation 1 comics
Misfire is one of the six stranded Decepticons, and apparently, he can siphon energy. He appears to have ADHD.
- Misfire with Aimless (Targetmaster, 1987)
- Japanese ID number: D-89
- Accessories: Aimless Targetmaster partner/gun
- Misfire transforms into a pink Cybertronian car-jet thing that goes real fast. Hopefully he can steer better than he can aim. Funnily enough, unlike Triggerhappy and Slugslinger, Misfire is totally unarmed in vehicle mode unless Aimless is attached to him. Just as well, really. Misfire is one of the best Targetmasters in robot mode due to his clearly defined legs with hip and (however awkward) knee articulation coupled with good arm articulation, making him one of the small number of Generation One toys of this era that isn't a brick.
- Misfire's design was used as a "generic" Decepticon in the Linkage mini-comics, in a flashback showing Redline and Flat-Out's former Decepticon masters. This fits in with the general theme of using Generation One character models as unnamed extras in the Armada cartoon. Of course, his actual appearance fits in with artist Hirofumi Ichikawa's general theme of using the toys as a visual reference rather than the character models used in animation; that is so not Misfire's Headmasters design.