There have been multiple comics set in the 2007 movie continuity, from several different publishers:
- Transformers: Official Movie Prequel — a four-issue prequel mini-series from IDW Publishing, released monthly before the theatrical release of movie. Simply named Transformers: Official Movie Prequel on the covers, it covers the time from the loss of the All Spark to the arrival of the Transformers on Earth. This covers events such as how Bumblebee lost his voice and Megatron's arrival on Earth, and also ties into the teaser trailer showing the destruction of the Beagle 2 Rover. An animated (sort of) version was later available on a Wal*Mart exclusive bonus disc with the movie DVD, titled Transformers: Beginnings.
- Transformers Movie Prequel — two comics produced by IDW in cooperation with Target. Both were originally titled Transformers: Official Movie Prequel, as was the four-issue mini-series.
- Interlude (10 pages) was available as a free giveaway at BotCon 2007 and in theaters coinciding with the movie's theatrical release. It is set during the events of Prime Directive issue 4, and deals with Bumblebee running into both Sector 7 and the Decepticons.
- Planetfall (22 pages) was available as a Target exclusive pack-in bonus with the Movie DVD. It depicts the Decepticons' arrival on Earth, thereby contradicting issue 4 of Prime Directive.
- Both comics were also freely available in PDF from from Target's website before they were released in printed form, and were later reprinted as a single volume by IDW as the Transformers: Official Movie Prequel Special.
- The Transformers: Official Movie Adaption, another four-issue mini-series from IDW released weekly before the movie's theatrical release. Based on an older version of the screenplay for the movie, it tells the basic plot with a few differences to the movie itself, due to last-minute changes to the script.
- Transformers: The Reign of Starscream (aka Transformers: Official Movie Sequel) - an IDW mini-series in five issues following up on the immediate events of the movie, announced to be ending with Starscream's departure from Earth as shown during the movie's end credits.
- Transformers: Destiny is a comic book prequel series that consists of 2 separate stories called Defiance (which is set before the 2007 movie when they are on cybertron. It is about how the Fallen met Megatron)and Alliance ( a sequel to The Reign of Starscreamand leads into the film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (franchise).)
- Transformers — a monthly title in the United Kingdom by Titan Magazines. The first six issues published original 10-page strips that cover the time before the movie. Similar to the original Marvel UK comics, these strips tie into reprints of IDW's Prime Directive mini-series (which serve as 7-page back-up strips). Issue #7–8 featured Earth-based stories taken place between the Mission City battle and the epilogue scenes in the film. Issues #9-13 feature a 5-part alternate-universe story in which the Decepticons won the battle with the Autobots. It also reprints Beast Wars: The Gathering. The UK-exclusive stories will be reprinted by IDW as an ongoing (?) series entitled Transformers Movie Prequel: Saga of the Allspark.
- Transformers Battle Card Collection  (release date unknown) — produced by Eaglemoss, the card game will include a Simon Furman-written text version of the movie, 10 collectible cards per issue and more. See the TV ad on youtube.com
- Interlude available at Target's website in PDF form
- Planetfall available at Target's website in PDF form
|2007 Live-Action Movie franchise»|