|Continuity:||live-action film series|
|Franchise:||Revenge of the Fallen|
Mudflap is an Autobot and the twin brother of Skids. He transforms into a brick-red Chevy Trax concept. He has a hyper personality and, according to his brother, "zips around like a maniac." It seems he doesn't get along with Skids when it comes to ideas of fighting and strategy; that remind you of some other twins?
|“||"You're never eating me! I'm gonna bust your face up!!"||”|
- Hungarian name: Sárfogó ("Mudguard")
Revenge of the Fallen film
Mudflap, who originally transforms into half of an ice cream truck, fails to capture Sideways in Shanghai, China. When he returns to the N.E.S.T. base on Diego Garcia, he scans a new vehicle form along with Skids. Initially he wanted the "green one", but his brother beat him (literally) to it so he takes the red-orange one.
Later, they and Bumblebee go to rescue Sam Witwicky from Megatron and Starscream. The twins then accompany Wheelie, Sam and friends and in their search for the ancient Seeker Jetfire and is teleported with them to Egypt. He and Skids also get annoyed by Leo and want to "pop a cap in his ass (kill him) and throw him in the trunk" although the two have an argument about who's trunk they're gonna throw him in.
Finding themselves at a dead end, Mudflap's brawl with Skids unintentionally causes them to find the Tomb of the Primes before Bumblebee tosses them out. Mudflap also questions Sam's leadership of the group asking what Sam's ever done for them except ding his rear, but Skids defends Sam.
The twins then accompany Seymour Simmons and Leo Spitz into devising a plan to destroy the Solar Harvester. Mudflap allows himself to be driven by Simmons who tells him to "prepare to be driven like never before." They encounter Devastator, in which Mudflap is sucked in by Devastator's vortex grinder while attempting in vain to hang on for dear life. Though swallowed, Mudflap breaks out of Devastator and busts up two optics. Skids shoots a grappling out to Mudflap who takes it and swings toward Skids. Then he accidentally shoots Skids in the face, knocking out Skids' signature gold tooth. Mudflap is last seen running running beneath Devestator's feet, but his fate is uncertain as he isn't seen after that but he likely survived and met up with the other Autobots after Devestator was destroyed by Simmons efforts.
IDW Dark of the Moon comics
After his brother, Skids, got killed by Sentinel, he wanted to revenge, but he was even no match for him and got killed. He did not get mourned like Ironhide (Movie) and his brother.
Revenge of the Fallen
- Mudflap (Legends, 2009)
- The smallest and simplest toy of the ROTF Mudflap. It transforms into a small Chevrolet Trax, with a big part of it's back trunck being formed by his left arm(while skids' back of the chevy is right hand). By main design it's kinda similar with his twin brother's.
- Unfortunately, because when in robot mode, he won't stand up quite straight. But if you bend him a bit, he'll stand. Also, he's almost in perfect scale with Legends Skids and aparently with Constructicon Devastator in combined form.
- Mudflap (Deluxe, 2009)
- Pretty much has the same transformation sequence as the new-and-improved Skids, but the over-sized arm has a firing missle gimmick, and the over-sized eye and fist are on the left. Mudflap, along with his brother, is one of the more annoyingly difficult Deluxe figures to transform. His license plate says either "TRAX" or "MUDFLAP".
- Autobot Skids And Mudflap (Deluxe, 2009)
- Mudflap transforms into the back half of the humble ice-cream truck in the movie. Mudflap is the larger back half of the truck. For obvious reasons, the toy does not bear the phrase "Decepticons, suck my popsicle."Not mentioned by his box or his instructions ,Mudflap has a secret gimmick ,when you push down on top of his chest his arms move back and forth but only slightly
- Tuner Mudflap (Deluxe, 2010)
- A redeco of Reguler Deluxe Mudflap with Blue Windows, a blue missle and flame decals on the sides. He is part of the Nest series figures along with Alliance Bumblebee, Enforcer Ironhide, Armorhide, Dirge and Bludgeon.
Dark of the Moon
- Mudflap (Legion, 2011)
- A slight re-mold of the previous Revenge of the Fallen Legends class Mudflap with his new paint-job.
- Mudflap (Deluxe, 2011)
- Accessories: MechTech rifle/axe
- This is an entirely new, simpler, Deluxe class mold for the Dark of the Moon toyline. Unlike the previous figure that turns into a Chevy Trax, he transforms into a Chevy Spark as well, This Mudflap comes with black paint-job with two brown/orange stripes running the length of the body.
- In humanoid mode, he is very short, but quite bulky. He doesn't have the huge feet of his brother, but they are quite large but not enough to hinder knee articulation. He is also a far more movie accurate figure.
- His MechTech weapon goes from a single-barrelled cannon, into an axe.
- Don't let his looks fool you. His personality gets him all jittery.
- In the Revenge of the Fallen novelisation, he is depicted with a lisp.
- While trying not to be eaten by Devastator, he said he had Kung-fu grip.
- It may be possible that Mudflap has super strong armor. Otherwise, how could Devastator swallow him without him being extremely damaged?
- The one possible explanation is that he was small enough to slick through Devastator's grinding equipment. In fact, Devastator was shown stopping his vortex and spewing a black smoke just after sucking Mudflap in, so maybe he somehow managed to block or switch it off before being crushed to death. Especially because his alt-mode doors were ripped, off and flew into grinder just before him. Déjà vu?
- Along with Skids; ignited a controversy due to allegations of racial stereotyping, based on their behaviour and appearance. However, Michael Bay has stated that the way they speak was chosen by the voice actors that played them.[August, 2009]
- If you look very closely, there's Cybertronian engraved at his left ear and right eyelid
- Mudflap is close to having an attention deficit disorder (so it says in the book Transformers: The Movie Universe).
- While loitering in the prison yard, Sam calls the two twins to look at the Cybertronian symbols he keeps seeing. Mudflap appears to have been staring out into space before being alerted by Sam, giving more support to his short attention span.
- There is a 2009 Burger King commercial of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen that starred him and Skids while also having actual footage of them transforming.
- He and Skids don't like Leo with the feeling being mutual.
- Simmons refers to him and his brother as Hewey and Dewey.
- While Skids seems to look like a rat, Mudflap seems to look like a dog.
- The ice cream truck is a heavily customized 1930's Chevrolet truck with a paint job of an Australian company.
- The bio on the packaging of their Ice cream truck toy states that they are equipped with experimental combination technology, they have so much difficulty hanging onto each other in vehicle mode that they spend more time struggling to stay on the road then they do fighting.
- The Twins briefly shows up in Dark of the Moon when the Autobot are driving into a place.