Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: Toy, beast mode, fiction (once that's filled in)|
Nautilator is a Class-A, 100% certified screw-up in every sense of the term. Rage-filled bellows of "Nautilatooooooooorrrr!!!" echo throughout the halls of the Decepticon Headquarters, as his peers and superiors struggle in vain to cope with his oafish buffoonery. A train-wreck of a warrior, Nautilator can barely manage to swim, let alone follow complex orders in an aquatic environment. Though if one were to ask Nautilator why he's such a doofus, he'd be quick to point a claw at anyone but himself. After all, it's not his fault the pencil-pushing eggheads at Decepticon HQ decided to turn him into a crab when he clearly had no deep sea training of any kind.
- French name (Canada): Nautile
Marvel Generation One comics
When Shockwave's Earthbound Decepticons established their new undersea base, Seawing and the Seacons were summoned from Cybertron to work on the base's fortifications, as they were uniquely suited for underwater activity. They got more than they bargained for when the super-Decepticon Galvatron came a'calling. In the battle, Seawing and Jawbreaker managed to momentarily stun Galvatron, but in the end even the combined might of Piranacon couldn't beat him.
After Shockwave was deposed, the new commander Ratbat kept the Seacons on retainer for another mission. The Seacons were commissioned to hunt down a sunken shipwreck in the water around the Decepticon undersea base, a wreck which supposedly contained two Autobot cassettes with valuable information encoded on them. They successfully obtained the treasure chest containing the cassettes and, despite a brief theft by the Autobot Blaster, managed to recapture the prize and return it to their leader. Unfortunately for them, this led to a sequence of events whereby the treacherous Starscream acquired the power of the Underbase for himself. The Autobots and Decepticons of Earth were forced to unite in order to stop him from seizing ultimate power. The Seacons attacked Starscream in unison in the waters around Manhattan, but were destroyed in a single energy discharge.
Sometime later, during the Earthforce saga, Megatron traveled back in time and possessed the body of Seacon leader Snaptrap during the Underbase Saga, in an attempt to save them in the past to bolster his troops in the present. He failed due to the intervention of Prowl, and the Seacons met their fate as before.
- Nautilator (Seacon, 1988)
- Team ID number: SE3
- Accessories: "Triple crusher cannon", "Tripod Rifle", connector, weapon stand base
- Nautilator transforms into a robot lobster. He also has a third Targetmaster mode, which can be mounted on the weapon stand formed from the "Tripod Rifle" and other accessories, or held in the hand of the Seacons' combined robot. As a "Scramble City"-styled combiner, he can form an arm or leg to any compatible robot combination; the instructions included with the individual Seacons depict Nautilator as the right leg of Piranacon, while most other art depicts him as the right arm. The instructions and boxart associated with the Piranacon giftset omit Nautilator entirely, since he himself was omitted from the set.
- His beast-mode lobster-claws are not really meant to be separate accessories and are not listed as such in his instructions, but they are easily removable, and therefore often missing from loose samples.
- This exact toy was released in Japan as the Lobclaw drone.
- Piranacon (Seacon giftset, 2008)
- A redeco of the Generation One mold above, Timelines Overbite was available exclusively as part of a Official Transformers Collectors' Club-exclusive giftset containing all six Seacons in new color schemes. He is once again depicted as the right arm of the combined super robot.
- This toy was originally intended as an exclusive set of Energon-series Terrorcons, but was shelved due to a lack of retailer interest. The team were called the Piranhacons and their combined form was Piranhaking, but this other Nautilator's name would have remained Nautilator.
- How big a screw-up is Nautilator? Well, he was left out of the US/UK Piranacon and the Beast Wars II gift set, which had the other five members of his team! He wasn't even drawn in the super-robot art! Ouch!