Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Back on Nebulos, Nightstick was a master criminal. For some reason, he gave that up to undergo binary-bonding to Cyclonus. The loyal and honorable Decepticon warrior often finds himself at odds with the very dishonorable Nightstick and generally considers him an irritating pest.
Nightstick transforms into a black beam gun that fires a corrosive beam of blinding darkness (and no, that doesn't make a lot of sense).
The Autobot Ricochet's Targetmaster partner is also named "Nightstick"... and looks identical, and get this, Artfires partner is also NIGHTSTICK. Go figure. This seems a monumental coincidence, but whether there is an actual connection - or if they're perhaps the same individual - is unknown.
Marvel Comics continuity
Nightstick became the Targetmaster partner to Cyclonus, under Scorponok's command, near the end of the Decepticons' stay on his homeworld of Nebulos. When the Autobots left Nebulos for Earth, Scorponok's Decepticons followed, as did their Nebulan partners.
Nightstick remained in Cyclonus' service even after he and Scourge left Scorponok's crew. When Megatron attacked and killed Cyclonus at Shockwave's behest, he grabbed and squeezed the gun-mode Nightstick, quite likely killing him.
During this time, he was shown to be more clear-headed than his Decepticon partner.
- Voice Actor: Peter Cullen
A member of the Hive, Nightstick intitially suggested to Lord Zarak that the alien robots who had arrived on Nebulos should be "rubbed out" for "muscling in on our turf." Zarak had other ideas, however, and when a bargain was struck between the Hive and the Decepticons, Nightstick became the Targetmaster partner of Cyclonus. As they paired up, he told Cyclonus "the boys" all called him Nightstick, and he hoped Cyclonus liked "bustin' heads."
During a subsequent battle with the Autobots, Nightstick was briefly captured by Brainstorm, who took a detailed scan of his exo-suit. The information obtained was then used to create the Autobot Targetmasters.
- Cyclonus with Nightstick (Targetmaster, 1987)
- Nightstick is a figure of an armored humanoid in black armor with gray legs. He folds in half to turn into a "black-beam gun" that can be held by any Targetmaster (or any toy that uses 5mm pegs for accessory holding/mounting).
- Cyclonus with Nightstick (Deluxe, 2008)
In the Universe release of Cyclonus nearly twenty years later, Nightstick was given a new mold. His joints include his legs, his arms, and his elbows as well. In his gun mode he can be plugged into the peghole of Cyclonus' vehichle mode or be held in Cyclonus' right hand (or any standard peg hole). He can also fit either of Cyclonus' wrists when they are folded inward, reflecting the "Target On!" aspect of Japanese Targetmasters.
- Nightstick and Fracas' character models apparently got swapped around in pre-production, so Nightstick's fictional appearances in both cartoon and comic are based on Fracas' toy, and vice-versa, though unlike Rumble/Frenzy, they got the colors correct.
- As such, Krunix is technically a giant Fracas, not a giant Nightstick.
- The character model switcharoo may be tied up in the two toys' use in Japan as well. In the Japanese The Headmasters, series, the US Nightstick toy was sold as Stepper's partner "Nebulon" (the "name" given to Fracas in Scourge's on-package bio), and Fracas was given to Artfire and dubbed Nightstick. Confused yet? It gets worse.
- Here's how it gets worse. When Hasbro released Stepper under the name "Ricochet" as part of the Toys "R" Us exclusive Commemorative Series, they gave Nebulon the name "Nightstick". Without a US bio for the newly-dubbed Nightstick, it's impossible to determine what relationship Cyclonus' Nightstick has with Ricochet's Nightstick in the US series... if Cyc-Night and Ric-Night are the same, or if Ric-Night is a non-Nebulan robot as he is in his Japanese bio, separate from Cyc-Night. Nguh. (But for this wiki's purposes, Ric-Night gets his own page.)