The name Optimus Prime has been assigned to several different characters:
- Optimus Prime, the original version of the Autobot Commander from Generation One.
- For toys of this character, see Optimus Prime (G1) toys.
- Optimus Prime, an Autobot commander killed by Unicron and sent into another dimension during the Dreamwave Armada comic's "Worlds Collide" storyline.
- Optimus Prime, whose corpse was cloned and tortured by Unicron to create Nemesis Prime, is from the 2003 Universe series.
- Optimus Prime, a younger and less experienced leader of an Autobot squadron from the Animated continuity.
- Optimus Prime, the despotic leader of the evil Autobots in the "Shattered Glass" alternate universe.
Optimus Prime is not to be confused with:
Additionally, Optimus Prime is not to be confused with the real-life persons:
- Mr. Optimus Prime, a well-known Transfan and National Guardsman who legally changed his name to Optimus Prime.