The name Optimus Prime has been assigned to several different characters:
- Optimus Prime, the original version of the Autobot Commander from Generation One.
- For toys of this character, see Optimus Prime (G1) toys.
- Optimus Prime, name of the Autobot Ginrai in the Omni Proudctions dub.
- Optimus Prime, the Autobot commander fire truck from Robots in Disguise.
- Optimus Prime, Autobot Commander truck from the Unicron Trilogy series.
- Optimus Prime, an Autobot commander killed by Unicron and sent into another dimension during the Dreamwave Armada comic's "Worlds Collide" storyline.
- Optimus Prime is a Spy Changer from the Universe series.}}
- Optimus Prime, whose corpse was cloned and tortured by Unicron to create Nemesis Prime, is from the 2003 Universe series.
- Optimus Prime, commander of the Autobots from the Transformers live-action movie continuity.
- Optimus Prime, a younger and less experienced leader of an Autobot squadron from the Animated continuity.
- Optimus Prime, the evil Autobot renegade from an alternate universe in the Animated continuity.
- Optimus Prime, the despotic leader of the evil Autobots in the "Shattered Glass" alternate universe.
- Optimus Prime, the leader of the TransTech Autobots.
- Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader from Prime.
- Optimus Prime, the Autobot brick-based being and Kreon from Kre-O.
- Optimus Prime, the spring-loaded Autobot hero from the Bot Shots board game.
- Optimus Prime Blaster, the Autobot Arms Micron who takes the shape of Optimus from Prime.
- Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader from Cloud.
- Optimus Prime, the Autobot-Wrestler from Battle Masters.
Optimus Prime is not to be confused with:
- Other uses of the name "Optimus"
- Other uses of the name "Prime"
- Optimus Primal
- Nemesis Prime
- Darkside Optimus Prime
Additionally, Optimus Prime is not to be confused with the real-life persons:
- Mr. Optimus Prime, a well-known Transfan and National Guardsman who legally changed his name to Optimus Prime.