An Autobot gets in a bar fight while some Decepticons have a philosophical discussion about being losers.
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 240|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issues #240Edit
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Darkwing, Dreadwind, Quickswitch
- Originally published: 21st October 1989
Darkwing and Dreadwind are down on their luck. With Megatron dead they're out of work again, spending most of their time over-energizing at Maccadam's Old Oil House. Unfortunately, they still haven't shaken the Mecannibals that have been chasing them since their last job. Wandering back into the bar, they pass by the Autobot Quickswitch, who is in disguise to meet a Decepticon informant who has new information for him. He never gets to make the meeting, as two Mecannibals break into the bar and begin chowing down on the patrons. Quickswitch is forced to give up his cover in order to prevent a slaughter, quickly switching between his various modes in order to bring down the attackers. Despite the chaos of the battle around them, Darkwing and Dreadwind are too plastered to realize what's going on, and remain engrossed in their self-pitying summation of their recent lives. Only after Quickswitch literally brings down the house around them do the Powermasters look away from their oil long enough to notice the wreckage, and they quickly high-tail it before getting blamed for the devastation.
- This story is set after the events of "Skin Deep" but appears eleven issues before that story concluded. This is presumably due to the previous decision to pause the US material for eleven issues (#221-231) to run reprints of past UK stories in order to widen the gap in publishing but it results in a disjointed approach to story flow.
Items of noteEdit
- This is the first appearance of Quickswitch.
- Thunderwing has revoked Maccadam's neutral status since taking power.
- The Meccanibals' presence on Cybertron was first shown in the US story "All the Familiar Faces!" However because the US material was temporarily suspended and replaced by UK reprints, "Out to Lunch!" was printed six issues before "All the Familiar Faces!", ruining a planned crossover.
- Quickswitch pulls his punches against the Meccanibals because he's worried about Dreadwind and Darkwing being caught in the crossfire. That's extremely chivalrous of him.
- Dreadwind and Darkwing saw their former employer Megatron (seemingly) destroyed in the explosion of his fortress tower at the conclusion of "Skin Deep".