Oval is the Street Speed Mini-Con Team's self-appointed comedian. Luckily, he's actually a moderately witty, funny individual... but he never ever shuts up. His unrelenting banter can grate even when he's on a roll, and if his jokes are misfiring, or if he's telling them at a way-inappropriate time (like if he's on a mission requiring any degree of stealth), even his allies may start considering doing terrible things to him.
His behavior is fueled by a very good intention; the war has broken many a spirit, and Oval just wants to keep his friends and teammates' moods up. And while most know this and appreciate the sentiment, they do wish he'd at least notch down the volume a bit.
- Micron Legend name: Nitro
- Galaxy Force name: Cyana
Dreamwave Armada comicsEdit
Spiral and the rest of the Street Speed Team were among the Mini-Cons who lived on Earth's Moon, until Dualor brought the Earth-based Mini-Cons there, which also brought the Decepticons. Spiral and the others escaped in a rocket-pod that crashed in north Alaska, leaving them deactivated. Ultimately the Autobots were successful in retrieving the pod.
Cybertron toy biosEdit
The Street Speed Team were sent to Velocitron as advance scouts for the Autobots. The planet's mass of winding high-speed tracks really appealed to them, to the point where they started having a hard time tearing themselves from the road to get their missions underway.
- Street Speed Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-06
- Oval transforms into a Saleen S7 luxury car, available only in a three-pack with Backtrack and Spiral. Like his fellow Street Speed Mini-Con Team members, his car mode wheels are designed to allow for much faster rolling on smooth surfaces.
- This mold was also used to make Flat-Out, and Armada Nightscream. It was planned to be used for Energon Breakdown and packed with Ultra Magnus, but that release was changed late in the production run and given a different Mini-Con Team.
- Silverbolt and Turbo with Speed Micron (Multi-pack, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MS-05
- The Street Speed Team was also made available in Japan in a multi-pack with Blurr and Incinerator. The toys were identical to their individual releases.
- Nitro Overdrive Edition (Mini-Con, 2003)
- Individual members of the "Overdrive Edition" redeco of the Team were given away at the 17-day Japanese "World Hobby Fair" in January/February. In April, they were also available as random giveaways at Ito Yokaido stores with the purchase of any Micron Legend product.
- Street Speed Mini-Con Team (Basic-class, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: GC-08
- A retooling of the first Oval mold, this version transforms into a modified bright blue Saleen S7 supercar.
- This version of the mold was used to make Cybertron Plug.
A black-and-white redeco of Oval was planned to be released as part of a “refresh” version of the Street Speed Team in Armada. The coloration of the Team was a “one-off” of the Takara Overdrive Edition version, with each toy’s main color shifted over to another one.
- For whatever reason, the Street Speed Team is the only Armada Mini-Con Team to not have an X-Dimension release.
- The Japanese Galaxy Force version of the Street Speed Team is one of the very few mass-retail "new"-mold Japanese Transformers toys to not show up in the accompanying cartoon.
- The Cybertron cardback has Oval and Backtrack's names swapped around.