Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Overcast doesn't share the love of adventure his brother Jetfire has. In fact, Overcast refused to get involved in the war with the Decepticons, and vanished for centuries, exploring the cosmos... until one of his favorite planets was consumed by Unicron. Realizing that Megatron was working to restore the monster, Overcast reluctantly returned to his brother and took up arms in order to prevent Unicron's rebirth.
He may not like fighting, but that doesn't mean he's not good at it. He's got his brother's speed and strength, and a considerable amount of skill in combat.
During the Unicron Singularity crisis, Overcast served aboard the Autobot flagship Iron Hope. He was called into action during a Decepticon attack on the ship, and battled a trio of Decepticon jets alongside Quickstrike, Skyblast and the Sky Scorcher Mini-Con Team.
- Overcast (Mega, 2005)
- Accessories: Missile launcher, missile
- A redeco of the Energon Jetfire toy (and part of the final assortment of Energon toys), Overcast transforms into a Cybertronic space shuttle. In this mode he has a working spring-activated gripper-claw, plus a spring-loaded missile launcher mounted under his nosecone, which becomes a hand-held weapon. When transforming him to robot mode, pushing his haed/neck plate down onto the torso activates the classic "transformation" sound effect. His left shoulder-armor has a spark crystal that can be used as a mounting point for an energon chip.
- As a Powerlinx combiner, Overcast can also form the upper or lower half of a super-robot, compatible with most Deluxe or Mega-class Autobot Energon toys.
- A slightly deco-tweaked version of this toy was used to make the "Sonic" upgrade of Jetfire in the Takara Super Link line.
- Overcast has oddly non-symmetrical deco as far as his arms go. His right arm has an off-white-painted grill, with unpainted off-white plastic as the outer panel of his forearm. The left arm, however, has a silver-painted grill, with the outer panel on the forearm also painted in silver, plus a small red application on a raised area. What the dillio is, is unknown.
- In Japan's Superlink line, Overcast is known as Skyfire Sonic, who is just an upgraded version of Skyfire (Jetfire in the US). Having been animated in Japan, the Energon cartoon therefore represents the Superlink upgrade scenario (as opposed to killing off Jetfire in a Calculon-esque identical twin story). Only the US toyline treats this incarnation as a separate character. Likewise for Landmine/Landquake and Cliffjumper/Beachcomber.