Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When on Earth, a Transformer typically finds a wide variety of human vehicles matching their general body plan and size available to adopt as a disguise mode. Although there are many thousands of options available, certain specific models of vehicle, however, are very popular disguises, seeing repeated use across multiple individuals and continuities.
Teletraan-1: The Transformers Wiki has certain requirements for a vehicle model to be listed here. There must be at least three unique toy molds (or in-fiction appearances, in the case of non-toy bodies/characters) that share the model. There must also be at least one unique character per mold: Generation One Bumblebee has four unique molds as a Volkswagen Beetle, but the only other characters who also become Beetles are all redecos of the first toy. Certain models are "lumped" together, such as the case for the Mazda RX car series, which includes the RX-7 and RX-8 types. This also, of course, takes into account the various fudging of the designs that are done in order to get a robot mode out of the toy, as well as avoid having to pay a licensing fee to the actual manufacturers (in most instances).
Each mold is listed on its own line, with all different-character decoes/retools on the same line. The list is organized in chronological order of toy release.
This policy is in place mainly due to the rampant use of redecoes as new characters, and is a little out of line with the phenomenon being explored... after all, isn't it kinda weird that out of all the myriad types of fighter jet there are in the world, that the Dassault Rafale in specific seems to pop up so often across soooooo many jet-form toy-characters?
Cars and trucksEdit
- Movie Bumblebee - 1976 (second generation)
- Movie Bumblebee - 2009 (fifth generation)
- Freeway - C4
- Motorhead - C4
- Skram - C3 hotrod
- Sideswipe (ROTF) - 2010 Stingray concept
Dodge Viper (Chrysler)Edit
- Trip-Up - First Generation (1960s hot rod)
- Movie Barricade - Fifth Generation (Saleen S281)
- Sunstreaker - LP500S
- G1 Breakdown - LP500S
- Camshaft - RX-7FC3S
Pontiac Firebird Trans AmEdit
- Runamuck - Third Generation
- Mini-spy Porsche
- Movie Brawl/Devastator - heavily modified "stealth tank"
- Gigatank (component of Masterforce Overlord)
- G2 Megatron / Megastorm
- G1 Megatron (Hero) / Archforce / RID Bludgeon
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt IIEdit
Boeing AH-64 Apache copterEdit
Rockwell B-1 LancerEdit
- G1 Skywarp (Machine Wars) / G1 Thundercracker (Machine Wars) / BWII Dirge / RID Skyfire / Wing Stun / Waspinator (Timelines)
Lockheed F-117 NighthawkEdit
McDonnell Douglas F-15 EagleEdit
- G1 Starscream / G1 Skywarp / G1 Thundercracker / G1 Sunstorm / G1 Ramjet / G1 Dirge / G1 Thrust (Ramjet, Dirge, and Thrust were modified F-15s)
General Dynamics F-16 Fighting FalconEdit
- Needlenose - F-16XL
Lockheed Martin F-22 RaptorEdit
- Hooligan / G1 Jetfire (Cyberjet) / R-Blade / Universe Wind Sheer / Timelines Ricochet - Navalized ATF
- Movie Starscream / Movie Thundercracker / Movie Game Skydive (non-toy appearance) / Movie Ramjet / Movie Skywarp
Space Shuttle OrbiterEdit
- Jetfire (Armada); his Energon form was a different shuttle, too.