Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|G.I. Joe and the Transformers > Issue #2|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
G.I. Joe and the Transformers #2Edit
(Story also appears in: Marvel Transformers UK issue #269-272)
- Major Transformers characters (in order of appearance): Superion, Blaster, Megatron, Ravage, Shockwave, Dirge, Bombshell
- Originally published: February, 1987
Superion accuses the G.I. Joe team of killing Bumblebee and demands what is theirs. Which is more enough for the Joes to react the way every other branch of the human military reacts when confronted with a giant robot. Superion is forced to return their fire but just as things are escalating to the point where he may have to use lethal force he receives a message that Optimus Prime has been killed and all Autobots are to return to the Ark. Abruptly, he abandons the battle.
At the Decepticon base, a disinterested Megatron watches as the cerebro shell planted by Bombshell causes Power Station Alpha to take off on remote control (while Hawk is busy canoodling with Senator Barbara Larkin). Noting his leader's lethargy, Shockwave comes to the conclusion that he will have to take command of the Decepticons.
The theft of Station Alpha is also observed by Cobra, and Doctor Mindbender uses an electronic helmet to take control of the cerebro shell and redirect the station towards them. A group of Cobra aircraft is sent to escort it but come under attack from the Joes. The air battle is observed from a nearby pleasure cruiser by G.B. Blackrock and a group of anonymous bikini-clad beauties. Serpentor notices the boat and tells the Joes that he will destroy it if they don't stand down. Senator Larkin advises destroying Alpha, but Hawk knows that this will cause a dangerous radioactive plutonium fallout and orders his men to stand down. Cobra then fire on the boat anyway, forcing the Joes to spend time evacuating its occupants. Blackrock overhears them discussing their recent encounter with "giant, shape-changing vehicles" and tells them he might be able to help them.
Meanwhile, Anthony Duranti, the boy Bombshell used as a decoy, has been left in a catatonic state by the cerebro shell. An x-ray shows it lodged in his brain and the doctors elect to try and remove it by surgery.
Serpentor and Mindbender witness the arrival of Station Alpha but it is closely followed by Dirge and Bombshell, who explains the Decepticons' interest in the station. Mindbender hastily suggests an alliance, after planting a listening device on Dirge. Later, he overhears Shockwave informing the two Decepticons of his plan to convert Alpha into a device to tap into the earth's natural energy...a plan Mindbender realises will destroy the planet.
- Ravage somehow manages to be with Megatron and Shockwave watching the theft of Alpha when he has been stuck down a mineshaft since "Showdown".
- Blaster is colored in red with a black head and forearms in his one-panel appearance.
- Dirge is colored mostly blue with an orange cockpit area and wings.
- Rattlers are colored green at times.
- The X-14 Skystriker is repeatedly colored green.
- The Decepticons are shown to have already occupied their base in the Florida Keys under Megatron. However in "Gone but Not Forgotten!" Megatron's leadership ended upon their arrival in Florida and Shockwave referred to the alliance with Cobra having already been formed.
Items of noteEdit
- The reference to the death of Optimus Prime places the early part of this issue, and the late stages of the previous one, at the same time as "Afterdeath".
- In addition to the hasty disappearance of Optimus Prime and Megatron from the storyline, Cobra Commander has apparently been killed since the last issue.
- Anthony has a toy Bumblebee. Maybe this story takes place in the same universe as the Marvel UK letters page.
- Although the existence of Transformers seems to be fairly common knowledge, the Joes act as though they have never heard of them.