The name Prime can refer to a Matrixload of different things.
- Optimus Prime, a name that has been applied to many different characters who have a tendency to carry the Matrix of Leadership.
- Rodimus Prime, the form taken by Hot Rod when he gets the Matrix in most of the Generation One continuities.
- Sentinel Prime, another past Matrix-bearer established by more or less every publisher of Generation One comics.
- Alpha Prime, yet another past Matrix-bearer, this time apparently exclusive to Dreamwave Generation One comics.
- Guardian Prime, one more past Matrix-bearer, also foisted upon us by the Dreamwave Generation One comics.
- Omega Prime, the combined form of Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime, who has the Matrix, and Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus, who wants the Matrix.
Schmucks too good for disco
- Vector Prime, guardian of time and space, one of the 13 original Transformers, and incidentally, apparently another Matrix-bearer.
- Nemesis Prime, a name that has been applied to several different characters, one of which carries the Dead Matrix.
- Modus Prime, the first of the Mini-Cons and their leader in the Classics portion of the Generation One series.
- Sentinel Prime, the Autobot Elite Guard member and general pain-in-the-skidplate from Transformers Animated.
- Longarm Prime, the Autobot intelligence officer disguise of Shockwave from Transformers Animated.
- Megatronus Prime, original one of the 13 original Transformers.
- Prime is also the Japanese name for Armada Sparkplug, who hung on to the Matrix after Armada Optimus Prime died.
Several stories contained the word "Prime".
- Prime Target, in which a hunter was targeting Optimus Prime, who has the Matrix.
- Prime Time!, an issue of the Marvel Comics Generation One comic book in which Optimus Prime gets back the Matrix.
- Prime Directive, a six-part Dreamwave Generation One miniseries which has a bunch of Autobots reactivated by the Matrix.
- Vector Prime: In the Beginning, an issue of the Hasbro Transformers Collectors' Club comic which includes a flashback with Optimus Prime opening the Matrix.
In addition, there is Prime Spark, a prose story in which Armada Optimus Prime, who happens to be a Matrix-bearer, meets some other Transformers named Optimus, including Generation One Optimus Prime, who also happens to be a Matrix-bearer.
What it is not
By the Matrix, Prime should not be confused with:
- Prima, the first Matrix-bearer.
- Primon, because there just aren't enough past Matrix-bearers on this page.
- Primus, Transformer God, who made the Matrix.