Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The name Prime can refer to a Matrixload of different things.
- Optimus Prime, a name that has been applied to many different characters who have a tendency to carry the Matrix of Leadership.
- Rodimus Prime, the form taken by Hot Rod when he gets the Matrix in most of the Generation One continuities.
- Sentinel Prime, another past Matrix-bearer established by more or less every publisher of Generation One comics.
- Alpha Prime, yet another past Matrix-bearer, this time apparently exclusive to Dreamwave Generation One comics.
- Guardian Prime, one more past Matrix-bearer, also foisted upon us by the Dreamwave Generation One comics.
- Omega Prime, the combined form of Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime, who has the Matrix, and Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus, who wants the Matrix.
Schmucks too good for disco
- Vector Prime, guardian of time and space, one of the 13 original Transformers, and incidentally, apparently another Matrix-bearer.
- Nemesis Prime, a name that has been applied to several different characters, one of which carries the Dead Matrix.
- Modus Prime, the first of the Mini-Cons and their leader in the Classics portion of the Generation One series.
- Sentinel Prime, the Autobot Elite Guard member and general pain-in-the-skidplate from Transformers Animated.
- Longarm Prime, the Autobot intelligence officer disguise of Shockwave from Transformers Animated.
- Megatronus Prime, original one of the 13 original Transformers.
- Prime is also the Japanese name for Armada Sparkplug, who hung on to the Matrix after Armada Optimus Prime died.
Several stories contained the word "Prime".
- Prime Target, in which a hunter was targeting Optimus Prime, who has the Matrix.
- Prime Time!, an issue of the Marvel Comics Generation One comic book in which Optimus Prime gets back the Matrix.
- Prime Directive, a six-part Dreamwave Generation One miniseries which has a bunch of Autobots reactivated by the Matrix.
- Vector Prime: In the Beginning, an issue of the Hasbro Transformers Collectors' Club comic which includes a flashback with Optimus Prime opening the Matrix.
In addition, there is Prime Spark, a prose story in which Armada Optimus Prime, who happens to be a Matrix-bearer, meets some other Transformers named Optimus, including Generation One Optimus Prime, who also happens to be a Matrix-bearer.
What it is not
By the Matrix, Prime should not be confused with:
- Prima, the first Matrix-bearer.
- Primon, because there just aren't enough past Matrix-bearers on this page.
- Primus, Transformer God, who made the Matrix.