|Specifics: original cover|
|Transformers: Generation One: Prime Directive > Preview|
"Thank God for second chances."
Lazarus and Mr. Ratzenburg walk in the Arctic. Ratzenburg complains about the conditions and the fact that he does not even know what they are going to see. Lazarus asks for patience, but Ratzenburg still complains, finally putting his hand on Lazarus' shoulder to ask if he's listen. Lazarus bends Ratzenburg's hand back, forcing him to the ground. Lazarus does most of the talking now, asking if Ratzenburg believes in second chances. He makes allusions to the Transformers, how great it would be to be allied with them, and how much people would pay to align themselves with them. Ratzenburg remains clueless. They finally reach the excavation site and see Soundwave partially revealed. Ratzenburg asks who to make his check out to.
- Originally published: March, 2002; reprinted April 24, 2002
- Chronology: Modern era
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None yet identified.
Let me tell you something Lazarus...
- What's that?
I hate football.
—Ratzenburg to Lazarus
Items of noteEdit
- This six-page preview was initially released in March 2002 to retailers only.
- The first edition included seven pages of Transformers sketches.
- Only around 4500 of the first edition were produced.
- The reprint edition also featured the same sketches, but omitted a pencil rendering of the issue #1 Autobot cover.
- The reprinted also included an eight-page "Armada Preview", along with a written piece and four pages of art by James Raiz, mainly for Armada but including concept art for Robots in Disguise for proposal purposes for Hasbro.
- The first edition had a pin-up of Starscream on the back cover which was later sold as a full-sized poster.
|Specifics: reissue cover|
—art on both by Pat Lee
- First edition: Excavation of Soundwave
- Reprint: Optimus Prime, along with his combat deck and Roller