Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ratchet is an Autobot from 2001 Robots in Disguise continuity family drawn into the Universe portion of the Generation One continuity family.
Unlike his Generation One alternate universe counterpart, Ratchet's patients have a problem relating to him outside of his role as a doctor. Quiet and modest, he's not much of a social being. However, he's the best there is at what he does. You'd have to look long and hard to find a better surgeon than Ratchet. He often performs this duty at the risk of his own personal exhaustion. Ratchet is dedicated solely to his work.
3H Universe comics
Ratchet is one of countless Transformers who had been pulled from his timestream and imprisoned within the Cauldron arena inside the shattered remains of Unicron. When Trailbreaker and Silverbolt managed to arrange a prison break, Ratchet was part of the group that managed to flee. For uncertain reasons, he was not automatically returned to his own universe as were most of the freed prisoners. Rather, he found himself on the technorganic Cybertron that Silverbolt, Trailbreaker, and their rescuer Optimus Primal called home. It was suggested that he may have been needed in this new timeline for a reason, as this universe's Ratchet was, in the past, a great healer.
Though distressed and confused at this turn of events, Ratchet quickly got to work on Sideswipe, attempting to find a way to remove the Unicron virus that had infected the Transformers who had been sent into combat within the Cauldron. Ratchet was presumably successful as when Sideswipe and his brother Sunstreaker reappeared, they were back in their old bodies.
- Autobot Ratchet (Deluxe, 2003)
- Accessories: Blade/projectile, missile, melee weapon
- Ratchet is a redeco of the Robots in Disguise Deluxe X-Brawn toy, transforming into an emergency-response Mercedes-Benz ML320 SUV. He has a spring-loaded missile launcher in his right arm; one of the projectiles of which is very similar to a giant scalpel. All of the emergency equipment (including his sirens) are merely tampographed onto his roof instead of being newly sculpted parts.
- He is technically named "Autobot Ratchet" to better protect the trademark on the name "Ratchet", and was the first transforming Transformers product to bear this modified trademark.
- Ratchet and Inferno were released with the "sub-line" name "Machine Robot Rescue" printed on their cards in a fairly blatant attempt by Hasbro to prevent rival toy company Bandai from marketing one of their Japanese transforming robot toy lines in the US under that name. Whether or not this was ultimately necessary is debatable, as the line was never brought to the US.