Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ratchet is an Autobot medic of considerable skill and renown. He's only cranky when he's getting shot at.
|“||"Autobots! I can't work when I'm being shot at!"||”|
—Ratchet while he repairs Omega Supreme under fire.
|“||Bulkhead, I needed that!||”|
—A running gag in the show.
Prior to the boy genius Raf's arrival, Ratchet is an Autobot medical officer and tech support, who has a very dim view of humans who he considers to be a dull and primitive race. He is often frustrated by the primitive Earth technology available to him on Earth. Ratchet is also the creator of the Ground-Bridge Technology, which is used by the Autobots to travel between any two points on Earth and an alternative Low-Powered version of the Cybertronian Space Bridge (which requires much more Energon to use — something the Autobots are in short supply of). Originally contemptuous of the Autobots new human allies, he eventually gains some respect for them, especially Raf, who twice fixed the Autobot's "Earthian" Computer when Ratchet could not.[episode needed]
War for Cybertron video game
He accompanies Optimus Prime when the two of them bump into Bumblebee. He joins them in the fight to to the Decagon in which he battle hordes of Decepticons. They then reach an Autobot rally point where they see Ironhide on a lift. Ratchet and the other Autobots battle their way up the steps of the Decagon; as they get to the main gate, Ironhide saves them from two Brutes and clears the gate of rubble so Optimus, Bumblebee and Ratchet can get in. As Ratchet has the schematics of the Decagon, he leads the way to the control room and helps to defeat Starscream. The Autobots then reactivate the cities defenses.
He later helps Optimus, Ironhide, and Warpath to locate Omega supreme by communicating over the radio. They then find the Dark Energon corrupted Omega Supreme and destroy the first few waves of Decepticons. Ratchet then appears out of one of the doors and starts repairing Omega Supreme with his repair ray. The other Autobots battle the countless waves of Decepticons and try to protect Ratchet. Omega then summons enough energy to open the entrance to the core, but on the other side was a Decepticon Tank/Destroyer, the Autobots battle the tank while Ratchet makes the finishing touches to Omega Supreme. He finishes just in time, Omega is now back to battle strength, he saves the Autobots by grabbing the tank with his Tractor Beam, pinning to the ground with his other hand then again using the Tractor Beam to rip it half. Optimus Prime, Warpath, and Ironhide continue on there mission, Ratchet stays behind to finish repairing Omega Supreme.
Fall of Cybertron video game
He first appears in the first level of the game, helping Optimus Prime and Bumblebee inside The Ark during the escape from Cybertron. When the Decepticons attack, Ratchet quickly examines Bumblebee after he is damaged, and then sends Bumblebee off to assist the Autobots in fending off the Decepticons while the medic stays inside. Later, in level two, Ratchet directs Optimus over comm link where to go and how to help out wounded soldiers, but then hands over the job to Perceptor when Prime eventually meets him. Ratchet later makes very brief appearances and occasionally drops a line of dialouge or two in a few custscenes for later levels.He last appears after Grimlock takes down the space bridge,notifying Optimus that the space bridge is unstable and it's impossible to know how long it will hold. During the final battle upon the Ark in the last level, it is presumed he stays inside the Ark, assisting hurt soldiers and doing his best to keep the ship together.
Universe inline game
Prime: Robots in Disguise
- Ratchet (Deluxe, 2012)
Acessories: 2 x Wrist Blades
- Ratchet is a deluxe-scaled figure that turns into an ambulance.
Prime: Beast Hunters
- Ratchet (Deluxe, 2013)
- His special powers are a missile turret and a shield.
- His Prime appearance seems very similar to his War for Cybertron appearance as he has his vehicle mode wheels on his elbows, and has big shoulders and big knee pads.
- Ratchet's attitude towards humans is similar to that of his Animated counterpart. He shows general disdain to both humans in general and their technology due to their ignorance of Cybertronian matters and their "primitiveness". However, just like his Animated counterpart, over time he begins to have deep care for the children and their safety, though he prefers to hide it.
- During the episode "Sick Mind", in what may be an insult to The Transformers: The Movie, Ratchet says that he will not allow Optimus to pass knowing that Megatron will outlive him. In the movie, Megatron not only outlives Optimus but he also gets reformatted into Galvatron, although that Ratchet had already died before Optimus.
- Ratchet's role in the show appears to be similar to that of Botanica from Beast Machines with him remaining in the base rather than engaging in battle. But just like Botanica, he can still kick some skidplate if need be.
- Ratchet appears to lack any ranged weaponry whatsoever in the Prime cartoon as his only weapons appear to be a pair of blades similar to those belonging to Optimus and a blowtorch.
- He shares this trait with his Decepticon counterpart, Knock Out, whose only weapons appear a buzz saw, a drill, and a blaster that he can deploy in vehicle mode.