Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Marvel U.S. > Issue # 8|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
|Marvel UK > Issue #27–28|
Ratchet recovers the Dinobots, and together they fight Megatron.
Ratchet journeys by shuttle to the Savage Land to locate the Dinobots, who fought Shockwave there shortly after the Ark crash-landed on Earth 4 million years ago. Meanwhile, Shockwave checks in on Megatron, who has been left to guard the Ark alone and prepare the head of Optimus Prime for transport to the aerospace plant recently captured by the Decepticons. Shockwave returns to the plant with Optimus Prime's head to begin the construction of a new generation of Decepticons. After Ratchet revives the Dinobots, he arranges for Megatron to meet him on a nearby mountain, where Megatron is attacked by the Dinobots after threatening to kill Ratchet. Megatron is knocked off of a cliff, and transforms into his gun mode in a desperate effort to survive. With Megatron thus defeated, Ratchet and the Dinobots are able to retake the abandoned Ark. Meanwhile, Josie Beller is about to check out of her hospital room...
|Writer(s): Bob Budiansky|
|Pencils: William Johnson|
|Inks: Kyle Baker|
|Colors: Nelson Yomtov|
|Letters: Rick Parker|
|Editor(s): Jim Owsley|
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Megatron still has his off-center insignia. This is so consistent it has to be intentional, but it's unclear why.
- If Optimus Prime transferred the Creation Matrix to Buster Witwicky in "The Worse of Two Evils," why is Shockwave able to begin the new lives (eventually to become the Constructicons) in this issue, on page 13? Indeed, this is the first time we see that Shockwave knows Prime has/had the Creation Matrix, as opposed to just suspecting it.
- Shockwave is colored as Megatron for 2 panels in his battle with the Dinobots.
- When Shockwave arrives at the plant, Soundwave is alone. In the next panel, an oddly colored Laserbeak is on his shoulder and appears to speak for Soundwave (whose mouthplate is miscolored also).
- Josie uses her right hand to operate her computer, but a moment later, that arm is paralyzed.
Items of noteEdit
- Cameos: Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Gears, Sunstreaker, Jazz (deactivated), reporters, United States Military, Laserbeak
- Although this is advertised as the introduction of the Dinobots, they had actually been introduced in issue #4. This issue features their recovery from the Savage Land in the present day.
- The cover features only Grimlock, Slag and Sludge - without Snarl and Swoop. These same three Dinobots were initially introduced in the animated series S.O.S. Dinobots before their remaining two companions, and the same three only were seen in the commercial animation for the Dinobot toys. Coincidence?
- U.S. cover: Sludge, Grimlock and Slag by Mike Collins
- UK issue 27 cover: Shockwave transforming by Robin Smith
- UK issue 28 cover: reuse of art from U.S. cover
- None yet identified