Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ricochet and his twin brother Jazz are the elite bodyguards of the evil Optimus Prime. But where Jazz is cool and cruel, Ricochet is manic and malicious. He's famous for brutal battlefield slaughters that have left few Decepticons alive to take prisoner. His wild shooting sprees are the mark of a dangerously unhinged being, the exact image Ricochet wants to project.
Though he puts on such displays primarily as an act, the "crazy" thing isn't actually all that far from the truth. Ricochet is both afraid of betrayal within his own ranks by those who covet his high position to the point of paranoia, and is also haunted by the knowledge that his brother is Prime's favorite of the two. His rampages serve to both increase his kill-count to look good in Prime's eyes, as well as "accidentally" take care of any would-be usurpers... and who knows, maybe one day Jazz might "accidentally" end up a casualty... that would be such a pity.
Surprisingly, the only thing he did of note was get taken down during the Decepticon assault on the Ark. Who blasted him is unknown.
- Shattered Glass (BotCon attendee figure, 2008)
- Accessories: Launcher, afterburner-shaped missile, key
- The free attendee figure addition to BotCon 2008's exclusive box set, Ricochet is a redeco of the set's Autobot Jazz, who himself was a retool of Cybertron Crosswise with a new head sculpt based on Generation One Jazz. Ricochet transforms into a Bugatti Veyron mid-engine sports car. His spoiler/rear thruster is a spring-loaded missile launcher that fires a flame-shaped projectile; this becomes his hand-held rifle in robot mode. Plugging a Cyber Key (his is a black-bordered Cybertron-Autobot-style key) into his tailgate makes a pair of non-firing missile racks pop up from the engine bay and flip over onto his roof, or over his shoulders in robot mode. His car mode's rear panels and running boards can swing forward to become hip-mounted non-firing blasters.
- Ricochet was initially only available to BotCon 2008 attendees who purchased the full "Primus Package" set of six toys, along with Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Autobot Jazz, Goldbug, Razorclaw and Starscream. Since the boxed sets sold out in record time, they immediately decided to come up with an alternative package: re-releasing the BotCon 2005 boxed set, at a lower cost no less, and announcing that Ricochet would still be available for those who purchase it.
- The original version of this mold was also used to make Cybertron Smokescreen and the live-action movie-continuity Jolt.
- You notice how every years free convention exclusive thus far gets slagged by the end of the story? Since the previous exclusives seemingly HAVE survived, things still look favorable for Ricochet.