Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is a video game developed by Edge of Reality and published by Activision. The game was released on June 24, 2014. The game will serve as both a prequel to Fall of Cybertron, and a companion to the film Transformers: Age of Extinction. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark will be a third-person shooter, much like their predecessors Transformers: War for Cybertron, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. The 3DS version will be a Strategy/RPG.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|Movie Autobots||Movie Decepticons||Aligned Autobots||Prime Decepticons||Generation 1 Autobots|
- The Cybertron arc takes place before Fall of Cybertron, the Ark hasn't launched, Trypticon is still lying, Starscream hasn't gone rogue and Shockwave meets the Insecticons for the first time.
- Both Lockdown and Megatron use the Dark Spark in different ways. Megatron raises an undead army of Autobots while Lockdown wants to bring Movie Megatron back from the past in order to get paid.
- Weapons and Enemies are the same from Fall of Cybertron except for the Lockdown Mercenaries.
- The Dinobots are available for Escalation only alongside Zeta Prime,Perceptor, Wheeljack, Quake, and others.
- Stinger is seen briefly while Mercenaries interrogate Drift, but he is not seen later on. Also, he is available for Pre-order purchases only.
- The game has received relatively low ratings due to the confusing campaign and mind numbing gameplay.
- Hey, where's the other Dinobots?
- The game is described to be a companion to AOE, but it can seem confusing. At the end of the movie, Optimus leaves Earth, Stinger and Lockdown died, and the Dinobots run free in China. What the slag!?
- Unlike previous Transformers video games, Rise of the Dark Spark does not feature competitive multiplayer. Instead, it has a more intricate Escalation mode.