Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roadblock is the bogeyman of the Decepticon Army. Squad leaders keep their subordinates in line by using Roadblock as a threat — "March in a straight line while ransacking the city, or I'll have you transferred to Roadblock's command." Roadblock is utterly without fear in battle, and demands nothing less from the soldiers under his command. Many have theorized that Decepticons charging the Autobot position may actually be running away from Roadblock rather than towards the enemy. The fear he creates in other Decepticons is a great motivator in battle, and has also pushed more than one soldier to rise in the ranks as quickly as possible, in hopes of outranking Roadblock so that they never have to serve under him in battle again. These go-getters quickly realize the truth, though — even Roadblock's superiors are afraid of him.
- Roadblock (Ultra Pretender, 1989)
- Accessories: Gun, dual gun
- Roadblock's toy includes a transformable inner robot, a transformable humanoid inner shell, and a non-transforming outer vehicular shell.
- The inner robot is fairly diminutive, about the same height as the original Mini-bots but less massive. It follows a similar aesthetic to the larger Pretenders, with thin limbs and a simple transformation into a half-track tank that is still rather obviously a folded-up robot; the transformation scheme is virtually identical to that of Groundbreaker. His hand-held weapon mounts on top of him in this form. The robot can fit inside the humanoid shell, sit in the cockpit of the shell's wind cruiser form, or man the guns of the outer shell. The inner robot's arms, head and torso are composed of a gold plastic that is notorious for breaking even under minimal stresses, such as placing Roadblock's gun in his fist.
- The inner shell is an armored humanoid demon creature. Like Thunderwing, it is not clear if it is meant to be organic or mechanical. The shell is articulated at the shoulders and elbows. Roadblock's robot form fits into its back, though it remains visible from behind. The shell has a simple transformation scheme to a "wind cruiser" mode, with an open cockpit that Roadblock's robot form can sit in to act as a pilot. The shell is equipped with two guns which it can carry in either mode.
- Both robot and inner shell fit inside the second shell, a large, non-transforming siege tank and battering ram. The tank includes mounting points for all of Roadblock's weapons, and a large cannon that extends on a mount. Two pegs allow Roadblock's robot form to stand atop the tank and man the guns.
- For whatever reason, the top of Roadblock's vehicle shell sports a giant version of Birdbrain's dual barrel handgun or vice versa.