Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: Black Rodimus toy, comics (once that's filled out more)|
Much like Optimus Prime, Rodimus is a great military commander and a superior warrior, yet is a 'bot that strives for peace and freedom.
First at odds with Optimus Prime for his conduct of the war against the Decepticons, Rodimus eventually became Optimus' right-hand man and defacto commander of the Autobots when Optimus himself was unavailable.
- Japanese name: Rodimus Convoy
Rodimus was a former commander on Cybertron and a captain of an exploration vessel. During the end of the first era, when the Transformers of Optimus Prime and Megatron's generation began to appear, Rodimus declared that war was destroying Cybertron. Rodimus vowed he would venture into space to find a new home, and all those who wanted the same could come along. Many Autobots and Decepticons would join him, among whom were Prowl and Landmine, as well as the Transformers who would eventually evolve into the Omnicons. During his journey through space, Rodimus became a legend, going world to world and liberating the innocent from the unjust.
Hot Shot practically idolizes him.
During his travels, he learned that the world known as Planet Q was under threat from Unicron. Rodimus promised the planet's ruler that he would come and help defend the planet, but by the time Rodimus and company arrived, it was too late. Planet Q was destroyed by its grand chamberlain in an attempt to destroy Unicron. Years later, Rodimus encountered the grand chamberlain, now known as Scorponok, who was helping Alpha Q, the ruler of Planet Q, to restore their world by reviving Unicron. Rodimus agreed to help Alpha Q in trying to stop the Autobots from destroying Unicron. However, Rodimus would only go so far to help Alpha Q, as shown when he used a squadron of Terrorcons to destroy a trio of artificial comets that Megatron created to destroy Earth, even though Alpha Q thought it was a good way to get energon.
Dreamwave Comics continuity
He drives around.
Then he stands around.
No one tells legends about him.
With the Unicron Singularity forcing the evacuation of Cybertron, Rodimus and a number of other Autobot leaders were summoned to the Iron Hope, where Ultra Magnus dispatched them across the galaxy to locate the lost Autobot colony worlds. Rodimus was given command of the Longbow and sent to Beta Aquarii.
- Rodimus (Deluxe, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: SC-10
- Accessories: Spring-loaded cannon, flame-missile
- Rodimus transforms into a rocket-powered Cybertronic long-nose truck cab. He can also form the top or bottom half of a larger robot mode, compatible with any Energon Combat- or Mega-class Autobot combiner robot. He comes with a large flame-cannon with spring-loaded "flame" missile. His design is an homage to Rodimus Prime from Generation One.
- The Takara version of Rodimus has a few notable differences, including a darker shade of red, and a flame deco on his truck-mode spoiler, which was removed from Hasbro version due to cost considerations.
- However, both the Hasbro and Takara versions are missing the gold paint decos on the sculpted pipe details next to his exhaust smokestacks, presumably because those parts also form the soles of his feet, making them susceptible to paint chipping. They were originally painted in most promotional and packaging photos from both companies.
- This mold was used to make Energon Checkpoint.
- Black Rodimus Convoy (Deluxe, 2004)
- Accessories: Spring-loaded cannon, flame-missile
- An exclusive black and red version of Rodimus was made available as a mail-away from Tele-V Magazine in Japan, sent out in September of 2004. This was a companion piece to the "Fire SL Grand Convoy" exclusive offered by the same magazine that was released a month earlier.
- Rodimus (Booster, 2006)
- Attacktix ID number: TF05
- Faction: Autobot
- Class: Captain
- Special: Recruit - 12/26 (46%) success ratio
- Point Cost: 20
- Base Speed: 6
- Attack Type: Shooter (Small Missile)
- Unlike his larger counterpart, Attacktix Rodimus has molded flames on his chest. Fortunately, these gnarly flames don't get in the way of his massive four points of articulation, which let him move at the waist, shoulders and head. If the glue comes loose on his gun (and it will) you may even score another point of, useless, articulation.
- Rodimus is a large-based figure with pretty good defense, especially when hugging another Rodimus figure. His recruit special allows him to put any Trooper class figure into play from your back-ups. If you're feeling particularly silly you could have a swarm of Rodimi summon a swarm of Insecticons.
- This piece was going to be redecoed into Attacktix Checkpoint, but the line was canceled before it came out.
- According to his toy bio, Rodimus is the brother of Inferno. Uh... okay!