Safeguard took down a Starscreamulation.
|This section covers fiction that is ongoing. It will be added to as the story progresses. If it isn't current, you can help by updating it.|
Later Safeguard helped take down Ramjet.
- Jetfire/Jetstorm (Voyager, 2008)
- The idea of two twin robots that can use fire and ice to attack and can also combine symmetrically into a larger form isn't new to Takara. In The King Of Braves: GaoGaiGar, the last of the Brave series, HyoRyu (Ice Dragon) and EnRyu (Fire Dragon) fit this description too. Later in the series, other robots with symmetrical combinations are introduced, making a total of three sets of twin robots (four brothers and two sisters) that usually combine into ChoRyuJin (Ice/Fire), GekiRyuJin (Wind/Thunder), and TenRyuJin (Light/Dark). Even later, in fact, two of the pairs cross-combine, and one of the products is GoRyuJin (Wind/Fire) and another is GenRyuJin (Ice/Thunder). Hmm... This marks the second time an element from GaoGaiGar is used in a Transformers series. Also, Ultra Raker from Brave Exkaiser used this combination style first.
- Why the rather more obvious name "Firestorm" for this combiner was never used in favor of the seemingly less suited (and certainly less cool) "Safeguard" is an enduring mystery.
- Certainly has nothing to do with DC comic's owning the trademark.....
- Safeguard is the second combiner combiner with an alt mode in fiction so far. The first was Victory Saber, comprised of Star Saber & Victory Leo.
- Perceptor's dialogue in the Rise of Safeguard origin comic at least implies that Safeguard is the true form of the twins, saying that the two are split from a single protoform.
- Safeguard is the result of an experiment from Starscream's specs. The wings on his back form the shape of an X, sounds like a certain other experiment based on Starscream.
- Firestorm: Unleashes blasts of fire & ice upon his opponents
- Parallel Jetstrike: Unleashes a combination of fire & ice in vehicle mode