- Saur is an Autobot Mini-Cassette from The Headmasters portion of the Generation One continuity family.
Saur is an Autobot Mini-Cassette, and the most powerful of the four Autobot W Cassettebots, being even stronger in the depths of the ocean. Despite this, he is peaceful and has a fondness for cute squirrels and widdle birdies.
- Saur (W Cassettebot, 1987)
- Japanese ID number: C-124
- Accessories: 2 cannons (left & right)
- Saur is a mini-cassette that transforms into what appears to be a dark blue (nearly black) Apatosaurus. He has a good range of articulation with several points of movement at the neck and tail, as well as hip joints. Two silver guns plug into the faux cassette tape holes near his hind legs.
- Saur combines with Dial to form the legs of Legout. His cannons become hip-mounted weapons in this form.
- As one of the vanishingly few toys unique to the Headmasters toyline and something of a tail-ender within the line, Saur and the other three "dino-cassettes" command ridiculous sums on the secondary market. Their actual rarity is questionable, though; similar "exclusive holy grails" Stepper, Artfire, Twincast and Soundblaster were uncommon, but not vanishingly rare, yet still commanded top dollar due to overseas perception (until they got reissued, at any rate). As there appear to be no plans to reproduce these cassettes, their high-price status is unlikely to change.