The "U-Haul Robot" was originally a slave of the Quintessons forced to participate in gladiatorial games. In the intervening three million years, he became holder of the Matrix and leader of the Autobots, but met his end at the hands of Megatron.
- Voice Actor: Jack Angel (English), ? (Japanese)
The U-Haul Robot was originally one of the Quintessons' slave robots on Cybertron around twelve million years ago. Unusual among his consumer goods brethren, the U-Haul Robot was equipped for combat and was forced to participate in gladiatorial games for the Quintessons' amusement, wielding a spiked ball-and-chain weapon and a tire-shaped shield. He was once defeated in battle by the "Powerful Robot", who attacked their Quintesson masters when their match was over, only to be destroyed himself.
Subsequently, the consumer goods robots rose up against the Quintessons in a rebellion that ultimately forced the aliens off the planet. The U-Haul Robot survived this clash, but he and the rest of his race—now dubbed "Autobots"—were robbed of any chance of peace when the military hardware robots, now known as "Decepticons," set their sights on conquering Cybertron for themselves. Two Autobot leaders fell during the war that ensued, and the U-Haul Robot inherited the Matrix of Leadership and became leader of the Autobots. Under his leadership, the Autobots realized that they would never be able to defeat the Decepticons with firepower, and they turned instead to stealth, reconfiguring their bodies to be able to transform into other forms. With the power of his new ability, the U-Haul Robot defeated the Decepticons' leader, and the Autobots won the war.
The ensuing period of peace was known as the Golden Age of Cybertron, but, around nine million years ago, the Decepticon threat re-emerged when they too adopted transformation, and coupled it with robot-mode flight powers. One of the first of this new breed of Decepticons, the malevolent Megatron, killed the U-Haul Robot in combat. As he died, the U-Haul Robot handed off the Matrix to Alpha Trion, who kept it safe until the emergence of the next Autobot leader, Optimus Prime.
When Rodimus Prime journeyed into the Matrix in 2005, the U-Haul Robot was the sixth guide he encountered. The U-Haul Robot recounted the development of transformation, the Autobot victory in the war and the rise of Megatron.
- This robot was never named in fiction. The designation "U-Haul Robot" comes from the dialogue script for "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4".
- In a few instances throughout the third season of the Generation One animated series, the Constructicon Long Haul appears in the U-Haul Robot's color scheme. Guess AKOM got their "Hauls" mixed up!
- Any similarities between U-Haul Robot and Spartacus are purely coincidental. No, really.
- U-Haul Robot is essentially the cartoon version of Sentinel Prime. Interestingly enough, Sentinel Prime's Animated counterpart has a similar color scheme to him.
|FFoD spirit guides||Ancient Robot • Powerful Robot • Brooding Robot • Pre-Transformer • New Narrator • U-Haul Robot • Optimus Prime|