Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Back on Cybertron, Sideways was a simple courier who avoided combat at all costs. He tried to always remain in the shadow of larger Decepticons, where the Autobots might not notice him. On Earth, he's keeping much the same practice. He teamed up with Demolishor early on, and hopes that if the Autobots find them, the big Decepticon can keep him safe. He's pretty much a coward since he should have transformed when Sideswipe was chasing him. But who can defeat Sideswipe, huh?
Revenge of the Fallen film
N.E.S.T. and the Autobots pursue Sideways and Demolishor through Shanghai. While Optimus Prime and Ironhide are busy dealing with Demolishor, Sideways figures that he can escape now that they are sidetracked. Arcee, Skids and Mudflap were sent to stop him but, he was able to elude them by jumping through an apartment. Sideswipe was brought in by Major Lennox to chase him upon his escape from Arcee and the twins. Sideswipe immediately chased him who jumps, shoots him and cuts him in half, killing Sideways.
Revenge of the Fallen video game
- Voice Actor: John DiMaggio
- His primary weapon is a plasma sniper rifle. His secondary weapon is a machine gun. His vehicle mode weapon are twin machine guns. His vehicle is an Audi R8. His special deploys a mine that slows and damages enemies.
- Autobot Campaign
Sideways is part of a group of Decepticons sent to Shanghai. Ironhide arrives and fights through all the Decepticons until only Sideways is left. Ironhide fights Sideways in a short battle in which he kills Sideways and blows him off a building. Hey, it's better than being sliced in half.
- Decepticon Campaign
Sideways is dispatched to Shanghai to take out a group of Autobots disrupting Decepticon operations in the area. Later, when Grindor has gone missing, he is sent to find and reactivate him.
- Wii version (one campaign)
Sideways is both an enemy and a playable character, since there is one campaign in the Wii version in which both the Autobots and Decepticons are played. Sideways has a bigger role in the video game than in the film, mainly in the Shanghai, China missions since Demolishor is not playable. After Bumblebee fails to catch Sideways, he is teamed with Starscream to revive Megatron in the Laurentian Abyss. Sideways is not seen afterwards.
Transformers the Ride 3D
Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen: Decepticons
Sideways is pretty much a coward and doesn't know much. He retreats with Grindor when an Autobot attacks them. He doesn't know what a protoform is, until Starscream tells him.
- Sideways (Deluxe, 2009)
- Sideways transforms into an Audi R8. His mech-alive gimmick is a saw-cutter on his arm, where a wheel should be. Sideways' windows are tinted purple. His conversion starts by pressing the front grill. Though until you figure out that you have to press the grill to get his arms into place, and can possibly cause his arm to pop off.
- There are two versions of the Sideways toy available. The one pictured, and another version which has a darker silver color, almost gunmetal. This version is believed to be a Chase figure.
- This mold was also used to make Dead End.
- Magna Missile Sideways (Fast Action Battlers, 2009)
- Sideways (Legends, 2009)
- Strike Mission Sideways (Deluxe, 2009)
- High Speed Spy Battle Sideways (Deluxe, 2010)
- Just like Bonecrusher or Demolishor, he was used in a lot of movie promotions, but his overall screen time was very short compared to what we might expect. The poor guy didn't get any lines, just the satisfaction of making an old Chinese guy turn around. However, Sideways has a much bigger role in the games. He even survives Shanghai!
- Of all the Transformers featured in both films, he is possibly the only one who died without putting up much of a fight.
- Also, of all the Transformers who are killed in both films, Sideways is the only one who dies while in his alt-mode. All of the visible deads were killed while in their robot modes, unlucky guy.
- Sideways' character file of the game appears as "Audi R8".
- Sideways does actually appear in Dark of the Moon, but you can only see him very briefly during Optimus Prime's Rage: Sideways is the one who gets stabbed in the chest and swung around.
- When Audi was looking to win screen time for one of its cars in the summer films during 2009, Ruben Igielko-Herrlich, a marketing consultant from Propaganda Global Entertainment Marketing, helped the company to find an opportunity in the film Revenge of the Fallen. Ruben talked the staff from the film into finding a role for the Audi R8. Ultimately, an Audi R8 appears in the film as Sideways, the villain. Thus, Sideways became the only car Transformer in the second film whose alternate mode is not manufactured by General Motors. as it is seen that the Audi R8 has its hood painted black.
- Sideways seems to look all too similar to another Decepticar including the spikes from his back, his head, feet, and in the game, his flail weapon, but the DS Decepticons version depicts Sideways as a different Decepticon.-->