Skram is a brash, careless punk-bot who is going to get his shiny head blown off one of these days, if he keeps underestimating the enemy and dashing headlong into trouble. It's not that Skram is stupid; he's not. He's simply the polar opposite of his slow-thinking comrade Turbofire; smart, but seldom giving his brain a chance to run even the slightest analysis before shooting off to wreak havoc in the enemy ranks.
- Italian name: Mercury
Generation 2 Marvel UK comics
Skram was part of the Autobot squad sent to Earth to stop Bludgeon's troops from trashing the place. Skram went with Jazz and Sideswipe to handle the rank-and-file while Optimus Prime took on Bludgeon.
When the Skyscorchers were pulled away, Skram thought they had won. Boy, was he wrong. He and the other two ran to help Prime, and showed up in time to mop up some Decepticons that the Dinobots had slapped around.
IDW comics continuity
|This section covers fiction that is ongoing. It will be added to as the story progresses. If it isn't current, you can help by updating it.|
Skram was one of the Autobots stationed at Thunderhead Pass under the command of Hound to guard the remains of Thunderwing. He was witness to Hound's dressing down of Sideswipe when the latter broke radio silence to request a transfer to Earth. He was knocked offline during an attack on the outpost by a powerful transformer, but the intruder chose to spare Skram's life, and the lives of most of the other Autobots stationed there, in a small act of rebellion against his master.
Later, Optimus Prime informed Hound that his unit should make preparations to come to Earth as reinforcements. However, due to the extraction of prisoners from Garrus-9, Hound's unit, including Skram, was diverted there instead.
On the way, their ship, the Ark-12 was attacked by Cyclonus and Skram reported on the ship's damage. He apparently stayed aboard the ship while the others caught up with Cyclonus on the surface of Corata-Vaz.
Generation One & 2
- Skram (Axelerator, 1993/1994)
- Sold as part of the Axelerator assortment, Skram transforms into a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. His exposed chrome-silver engine block becomes a pistol for robot mode.
- He was initially released in the European market in 1993, during the "transitional" time when the Transformers toys took on the new Generation 2 sigils, but the packaging lacked the "Generation 2" line-name. He was slightly recolored for American release the same year, with the transparent pink plastic of his windows and light-pipe being replaced with a smoky gray plastic that was much harder to see through. He was released again in the UK in 1994 in G2 packaging, but the toy was identical to the original European-market release.
- According to his on-package bio, his function is "Crack Patrol." Make of that what you will.
- Skram is the only Axelerator who has not been shown as part of the cancelled Block Town series. Since he appears to be gang-molded with Windbreaker, a Block Town Skram would be a red car with white robot parts.
- Skram's European-market coloration was used as the basis for the Maximal Command Security Force trooper Getout.