|Specifics: fictional appearances.|
Skyblast is a young Omnicon. Although he is a skilled tactician, he prefers spending time working on his aerial stunts. Like the other Omnicons, he can convert raw energon into energon chips and weaponry.
Also, like other Omnicons, sometimes there are lots of him.
- Japanese name: Air Glide
- Russian name: Zaryad (Заряд, "Charge")
During the Unicron Singularity crisis, Skyblast served aboard the Autobot flagship Iron Hope. He was called into action during a Decepticon attack on the ship, and battled a trio of Decepticon jets alongside Quickstrike, Overcast and the Sky Scorcher Mini-Con Team.
- Skyblast (Omnicon, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: SC-07
- Accessories: Energon cannon, energon jet boosters (all combine to form energon spear)
- Part of the first wave of Energon product, Skyblast transforms into a Cybertronic jet. He comes with multiple clear-plastic "energon" parts, which form an underslung cannon and jet boosters in jet mode, and can combine to form an "energon spear" melee weapon which can have the blade removed to become a sniper rifle. He also has an Autobot-style energon chip that can attach the to spark crystal of other Energon-series toys. The Takara version uses a lighter clear-plastic than the Hasbro vesion.
- Skyblast was redecoed into Movie Skyblast and Air Raid, and his energon spear has been used to make multiple exclusive energon weapons.
Built to RuleEdit
- Skyblast (200?)
- Skyblast is an extensive reworking of a cancelled Built to Rule set for Ramjet. Transforming from a jet to a robot, or whatever you feel like making with the parts they give you. He comes with some extra pieces to build a missile turret, with guns that fire with the block-twist system of the Armada cannons, however they do not give you a block for this. This toy was only produced in a test market release in and around Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Starter Set (2006)
- Attacktix ID number: TF21 (robot mode)
- Faction: Autobot
- Class: Warrior
- Special: Transform
- Point Cost: 30 - 8/26 (31%) success ratio
- Base Speed: 8
- Attack Type: Prodder (Spear)
- Skyblast has four points of articulation (shoulders, waist and head), though it's effectively three as the shoulders move simultaneously. Unlike other prodders Skyblast's articulation does not change his angle of attack very much, making him more difficult to position for a decisive shot.
- Fortunately Skyblast's low base speed means it's unlikely you'll get him close enough to anyone to stuff up your shot on them. Sadly, this is the figure you're probably going to be left with if your Skyblast vehicle form dies. Good luck trying to kill anyone with him, though.
- Attacktix ID number: TF22 (vehicle mode)
- Faction: Autobot
- Class: Specialist
- Special: Transform - 20/26 (77%) success ratio
- Point Cost: 20
- Base Speed: 4
- Attack Type: Shooter (Small missile)
- If your robot mode Skyblast succeeds in using his Transform power you can bring in this figure from your back-ups. Both pieces were sold in a "Starter Set" with Attacktix Overhaul and Dirt Boss. A special Wal-Mart exclusive variant of the Starter Set also came with a bonus fifth piece, a specially-colored Decepticlone.
- The vehicle form of Skyblast has only one point of articulation, which allows him to swivel down almost 90 degrees to the ground. This configuration basically turns Skyblast into a shield, making him one of the most effective defensive figures yet released for Attacktix.
- Vehicle Skyblast can also Transform, bringing his robot form into play from your back-ups.
- Skyblast is an homage to the Generation One character Skyfire, especially in the head design. However, rival toy company Mattel managed to secure and Register the trademark to "Skyfire" since Hasbro used it last, so the fallback name "Skyblast" was used.
- Hasbro stock photos depict a preproduction Skyblast that has... toes?