Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: fiction, toy|
Smokescreen is paired up with the much larger Decepticon Dreadwing, forming a deadly duo. Little is known about Smokescreen's past or origins, only that he can be very manipulative and has a bizarre hatred of both Autobots and Decepticons. He takes great advantage of his partner Dreadwing's sheer strength.
Marvel Generation 2 comicEdit
Part of the new wave of Decepticon forces, Smokescreen was connected to Darkwing's vehicle form as they attacked the Rheanimum facility on the planet Tykos. Following this attack, he pointed Megatron towards Skullgrin's crashing shuttle.
Generation 2 story pagesEdit
When Smokescreen met the pacifist Dreadwing, he tricked the hulking brute into believing that the only way to end the war between the Autobots and Decepticons was to destroy the Autobots and the Decepticons. Smokescreen and Dreadwing initially sided with no one but eventually joined the forces of Megatron.
During the final assault on the Autobots, the Decepticons were soundly defeated and driven into deep space.
Japanese Generation 2 mini-comicEdit
During a decisive battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime, Megatron managed to gain the upper hand after a surprise attack by Hooligan crippled Prime's weaponry. Defenseless, Megatron ordered an aerial assault from Dreadwing and Smokescreen. The pair swooped down and bombarded Optimus Prime with missiles, nearly killing him. Their enemy virtually dead, they left the killing blow to Megatron.
Teletraan Go! Go!Edit
As Jetfire sought out Battle Convoy with Teletraan 15 and Steeljaw aboard, Smokescreen and his partner Dreadwing attacked them in the hopes of being led back to the other Autobots. Battle Convoy appeared and badly damaged Dreadwing, defeating the pair.
- Dreadwing (Decepticon, 1994)
- Japanese ID number: TRF-10
- Accessories: Two launchers, two missiles
- Available only with his larger partner Dreadwing, Smokescreen transforms into a fighter jet of undetermined (probably made-up) model. He has two side-mounted spring-loaded rocket launchers that become hand-weapons in robot mode. He can combine with Dreadwing's vehicle mode to form the large stealth bomber jet. For some reason he came with an Autobot-style instruction book that instructed you to put Smokescreen's forehead sticker on the center of Dreadwing's face.
- This mold was also used to make Beast Wars II Starscream, Smokejumper and Smokesniper. It was going to be used again in Generation 2 as a new form of the original Starscream, but that toy was ultimately canceled.
- Smokescreen's arms are misassembled with his arms below the pivot joint, as his thumbs end up on the outside of his fists in robot mode and upper arms have a exposed screw on the exposed side. Every release of the mold has this problem.
- There is a bizarrely long-running misconception that this mold was used to make Energon Starscream. However, this is absolutely not true, as while the transformation is nigh-identical, they are noticeably different in proportion. Plus, every single piece is a different sculpt between the two. The two toys share engineering, which is not uncommon, but they are definitely not the same mold. Retooling does not work that way! Good night!