Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Transformers: Spotlight, starting in 2006, is an ongoing series of one-shot comics published by IDW Publishing and set in the primary IDW continuity. Each issue focuses on a particular Generation One Transformer. The series was originally only to consist of 5 issues, but has since evolved into an annual set of 5 produced per year (at least through 2008, and not including the Revelation issues).
|Transformers: Spotlight issues:|
|Shockwave | Nightbeat | Hot Rod | Sixshot | Ultra Magnus|
Soundwave | Kup | Galvatron | Optimus Prime | Ramjet
- Scheduled issues: Metroplex (due July)
The Spotlight series is set within the main IDW storyline. The format allows more free-ranging story settings—many issues are set on alien worlds—and serve to give a wider view of the overall IDW Transformers universe. The issues set up future story ideas and plot points for the main IDW miniseries; many have eventually tied-in directly with the main storyline, with others obviously set to do so in the future.
Each issue is told by its titular character, with narrative boxes providing their internal thoughts and reflections on the action. Most of the issues have prominent co-stars, such as the Dynobots in Shockwave's spotlight, and Omega Supreme in Optimus Prime's story.
There is no absolute chronological order for all of the issues. Some, such as Galvatron and Optimus Prime, are set after specific events in the main story; others like Hot Rod and Nightbeat are not so clearly delineated, having happened an unspecified time ago. Still others (Shockwave, Soundwave) are flashbacks to a specific point in the recent or distant past.
The follow-up to Devastation, Revelation is being played out through four Spotlights, focusing on Cyclonus, Hardhead, Sideswipe and Doubledealer. This four-parter will mark the end of the "-tion" series "for the foreseeable future". 
- Most of the Spotlights has thus far been written by Simon Furman. Exceptions are Spotlight: Kup, written by Nick Roche, Spotlight: Ramjet, written by Stewart Moore, Spotlight: Mirage, written by George Strayton, Spotlight: Wheelie, co-written by Klaus Scherwinski and Spotlight: Blurr, written by Shane McCarthy. The list of artists throughout the series is diverse (please see each issue for credits).
- The Transformers: Spotlight, Vol. 1 TPB (May 30, 2007) ISBN 978-1600100680
- Collects Shockwave through Ultra Magnus.
- The Transformers: Spotlight, Vol. 2 TPB (February 20, 2008) ISBN 978-1600101540
- Collects Soundwave through Ramjet.
- Includes covers art for each issue and bonus art for each issue.
- The Transformers: Spotlight, Vol. 3 TPB (scheduled September 25, 2008) ISBN 978-1600102455
- Collects Blaster through Wheelie.