- Starhoppers are starships in the Beast Era.
Starhoppers are single-passenger spaceships of Cybertronian craft. They are capable of performing quantum scans of nearby planets.
Depth Charge piloted a Starhopper while tracing the spark energy signature of Protoform X. The ship fell through a temporal anomaly and crashed in an ocean on prehistoric Earth. It was destroyed by Rampage.
- Depth Charge's Starhopper was numbered 04.
- The presence of Arabic numerals on Depth Charge's starhopper, if taken as canonical rather than a production oversight, implies a of connection between that ship (or its place of origin) and human cultures.
- Depth Charge's own vehicle mode bears a resemblance to a starhopper, with vertically-oriented triangular "wings" held out from the hull on thin shafts.
- The Canopy of the Starhopper bears a resemblance to an F-117 Nighthawk.
- Cheetor was familiar enough with Starhoppers that he was able to identify one at great distance.