The name Starscream has been applied to several Transformer characters:
- Starscream, the Decepticon Air Commander F-15 jet from the Generation One continuity family. For toys of this character, see Starscream (G1) toys.
- Starscream, the Predacon jet from Beast Wars II, who was later reformatted into the Cyborg Beast, Hellscream.
- Starscream, the Decepticon and briefly Autobot Cybertronic jet from the Unicron Trilogy. For toys of this character, see Starscream (Armada) toys
- The Starscream clones from Transformers Animated, including:
- Starscream Supreme, the Lugnut Supremes taken over by hidden programming implanted in them by Starscream in the Transformers Animated continuity.
Starscream should not be confused with...
- Star Saber the Autobot Cybertronic jet who combines with Victory Leo to form Victory Saber, from Generation One.
- Starscream is the third most predominant persona type in the various Transformers continuities, after Optimus Prime and Megatron (except in Robots In Disguise).
- Starscream often seems to have a very large amount of fangirls.