If Stockade hadn't become embroiled in the war with the Autobots, he'd probably be breaking kneecaps and shaking down deadbeats for loan sharks. A simple bot at heart, Stockade's perfectly content to help Starscream rebuild his operations on Earth. After all, he's not too picky about whom he takes orders from, as long as those orders involve hurting people.
IDW Transformers (2007) comics continuity
Stockade was assigned by Starscream to oversee the construction of the new All Spark. After Starscream's triumphant return to Cybertron, he checked in with Stockade, who informed him that construction was proceeding according to schedule. He proved to be a cruel foreman as he worked Grindcore to the point of stasis lock, and beat down Warpath for slacking off. Clearly not a bot who cares for unions.
Stockade was present at the activation of the new cube, and appeared just as shocked as Thundercracker when Dreadwing pulled a coup on Starscream. He fought his way through the numerous drones alongside Thundercracker and beat on Payload, who had apparently sided with Dreadwing. It is unknown if Stockade made it out of the battle alive (although the last time he was seen he did gain the upper hand on his opponent).
- Stockade (Deluxe Class, 2008)
- Japanese ID number: MD-23
- Accessories: AllSpark cube (Takara release only)
- As part of the "AllSpark Power" portion of the movie line, Stockade transforms into a Sector Seven-outfitted Cadillac Escalade SUV of the type seen in the movie. His main gimmick is not automorphing, but a gear-driven punch activated by pulling back on the luggage bar on either forearm.
- On some early samples, the windshield halves in front of both hands pop off easily. This is due partly to the unusually soft plastic, which does not grip at the joints very well. Another issue is the pin-hinged ankles, which only barely support the toy's weight. However, later versions don't display either of these problems. Oddly, the chest piece slides off pretty easily as if it were supposed to.
- Like all Japanese "Allspark Power" toys, the Takara version of Stockade comes with a small Allspark cube accessory that's not included with the Hasbro version. Stockade himself appears to be no different.
- Although Stockade bears Sector 7 markings, his altmode does not match the SUVs used by Sector 7 itself, with Sector 7 using GMC Yukons, and Stockade being a Cadillac Escalade-like the one that came to life during the battle in Mission City. It appears that he was not the same bot however, as he appeared on Cybertron during The Reign of Starscream and was portrayed as being born on Cybertron.