Swindler is a member of the Race Car Patrol. He prefers to burn rubber instead of Energon.
- Japanese name: Glorean
Marvel Comics continuity
Swindler served under Emirate Xaaron on Cybertron, where he went along with Roadhandler rescuing the Battle Patrol from Thunderwing against orders. He was later summoned to Earth by Optimus Prime where he helped stop Iguanus destroying New York, apparently leaving two police officers suspended from a lamp post when they obstructed him.
Dreamwave comics continuity
- Race Car Patrol (Micromaster Patrol, 1989)
- Swindler transforms into a gray DeLorean DMC-12 sports car. He was sold only as part of a Patrol four-pack with Roadhandler, Free Wheeler and Tailspin.
- Race Car Patrol Team (Micro Transformer Team, 1990)
- Japanese ID number: C-334
- The Race Car Patrol Team was sold in Japan as part of the Zone series. The toys are identical to the Hasbro versions.
- Swindler's name may well have been a jab at carmaker John DeLorean's dubious business practices.
- His sad lack of a Flux Capacitor keeps him from being one of the greatest Transformers ever.