From High Command Aerie on Orbital Torus State, Praxus, Megatron looks over the landscape and recounts how upon his return, he quickly established himself as the new ruler of the planet. The Aerospace Extermination Squadron quickly arrest the Autobots. Megatron briefly speaks to Starscream, held inside of a tank as punishment for the manner in which Starscream enthusiastically took advantage of Megatron's disappearance. Shockwave pulls Megatron away to attend to other matters, and Starscream is left to suffer, chewed on by miniature Sharkticons. Shockwave explains the difficulties in reverse-engineering the technology of the Extermination Squadron troops, and Megatron refuses to reveal the origin of the technology.
Elsewhere in Praxus, Decepticons boss around enslaved Autobots, directing them deep into the planet. Cliffjumper falls over, and Octane and Barrage are ready to whip him as needless punishment, but Brawn, tired of the oppression, attacks the two Decepticons. With a glance, a nearby Aero-drone causes electricity to fry Brawn. Ultra Magnus watches the uprising, but returns to work.
Back in his base, Megatron argues about the creative control of the takeover with his off-screen masters. Done arguing, Megatron changes his focus to Soundwave's report. Soundwave shows Megatron an image of Cybertron's core.
Through Torus State Nova Cronum, three Extermination Squadron troops follow Getaway into an ambush. Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, Joyride, and Slapdash spring out to rescue Getaway and capture one of the drones. To make sure more drones don't arrive, Nightbeat sends a radio message to Blaster, and the army of Autobots who avoided capture.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None yet identified.
- None yet identified.
Items of note
- Cameos: Grimlock, Ratbat, Wheeljack, Kup, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe, Tracks, Hound, Scrapper, Mirage, Prowl, Skids, Runamuck, Roadbuster, Squeezeplay, Ramhorn, Raindance, Rewind, Boss, Eject, Perceptor, Dogfight, Grand Slam, Override, Flash, Scorch, Hurricane.
- This is the second issue in a row to start with a leader having a flashback about how victory was achieved.
- This is the second Dreamwave comic in which a Megatron punishes one of his underlings with tank-torture.
- Soundwave was assisted by one of those diagnostic drones from Beast Machines that were last seen assisting Optronix in The War Within #1.
- The "Declarations of War" page has reader mail answered by Matt Hansen.
- The "Wavelengths" page has a letter from the desk of Pat "Psycho" Lee.
- Enslaved Ultra Magnus; art by Joe Ng.
- More Than Meets The Eye, G1 Guidebook, volume 2 (interior front cover)
- Energon DVDs which have cover art from the Energon comic series
- Energon #29: "Multiplicity, Pt. 4": "Megatron is back for good"
- Generation One #11: "Ladies Night", which was never release
- Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front #2: "Dread the Dreadnoks", which was never released
- Beast Wars miniseries: "Unleash the Beast", which was never released (interior back cover)
- Dreamwave pocket books (back cover)