Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Marvel U.S. > Issue #30|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
|Marvel UK > Issue #126–127|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Ratbat sends a team of Autobot prisoners to kill all Transformers infected with the Scraplets. If they don't comply, the Earth will be destroyed.
Ratbat captures the Throttlebots during a fuel raid on Cybertron. Rather than have them executed, he sends them to Earth on a mission to destroy all Transformers infected with Scraplets. They are given 10 hours to complete this mission, after which Ratbat threatens to destroy the Earth. Meanwhile, Charlie Fong discovers the cure for Scraplets: water.
Goldbug arranges for G.B. Blackrock to have water transported to the crater to cure all the infected Transformers, but when Goldbug prepares to cure Blaster and the Triple Changers, Blaster tells Goldbug to kill him rather than save the Decepticons. During Goldbug's hesitation, the Scraplets merge into a conglomerate monster to fight back. The Scraplet monster proves more than a match for the weaponless Throttlebots, and Goldbug decides to cure Blaster and the Decepticons to provide enough firepower to fight against the monster. The gambit proves effective, and Blaster finishes the Scraplets off with the acid that Throttlebots brought with them. Goldbug uses the last of the water Blackrock brought to the crater to remove the Scraplets that had infected the Throttlebots during the fight.
Astrotrain learns enough about Blackrock to believe him to be of use to the Decepticons, and attaches a small microchip to Blackrock's forehead. The chip flashes a light pattern in front of Blackrock's eyes, then falls away unseen by anyone else. The Decepticons then escape, carrying the cargo from the freighter which brought the Scraplets to Earth.
- Originally published: July, 1987
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Despite Ratbat's threat to destroy the Earth, no effort is made by the Autobots to contact him after the Scraplets threat is averted. Apparently, the Earth does not get destroyed.
- The color schemes for the three sports car Throttlebots are constantly confused in this issue. Searchlight, Chase and Freeway all switch color schemes on the opening splash page. They're drawn and colored correctly after that, but later Chase is shown with Searchlight's head and colors. Someone must have referenced this issue for the later GI Joe/Generation 2 crossover, because the same error repeats there.
Items of noteEdit
- On page 13, Goldbug refers to Blackrock's company as "Blackrock Enterprises".
- Charlie Fong also appeared in issues of "Sleepwalker".
- References to other Transformers continuities/issues: The freighter was sent by Ratbat on a secret mission last issue (#29) before becoming infected by Scraplets. The nature of its secret cargo will be revealed next issue (#31).
- This issue was reprinted by IDW Publishing as Generations #11. It featured a new cover by Nick Roche.
|Specifics: UK cover|
- U.S. cover: Rollbar punching through the Scraplet monster by Herb Trimpe
- UK issue 126 cover: The Throttlebots attack Goldbug by Lee Sullivan
- UK issue 127 cover: The Scraplet monster attacks the Throttlebots by Robin Smith
- None yet identified.