Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wheeljack discovers you can be too clever by half!
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 278|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #278Edit
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Wheeljack, Grimlock, Prowl, Bumblebee, Silverbolt and Jazz.
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Air Raid, Slag, Sludge, Ironhide, Swoop, Snarl, Slingshot, Skydive, Fireflight and Sunstreaker.
- Originally published: 7th July 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 14th July 1990.
Wheeljack presents the newly built Autobot Earthbase for Earthforce. Grimlock likes it, but Prowl is concerned about the lack of defences. Wheeljack replies that the defences are hidden and produces a remote control. Prowl presses the red button on it and nothing happens... until Wheeljack throws a rock and immediately guns rise from the snow and destroy it. Wheeljack explains that many more defences are hidden in the snow to defend the base. Prowl asks about how strong they are - can they be knocked out? Can they be disabled by destroying the remote? Wheeljack replies that they can't and the only way to deactivate the system is a control panel inside the base.
Prowl points to where Swoop, Jazz, Snarl, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Slingshot, Skydive, Fireflight, Slag, Silverbolt, Sludge, Air Raid and Sunstreaker are standing. It's a silly question but he asks anyway "Who exactly is inside the base to operate the control?" Wheeljack realises his slight mistake and Grimlock explodes in rage that they cannot get into their own base.
Realising that this will test the defences, Prowl orders Jazz and Bumblebee to follow him and the Aerialbots to provide air cover whilst the other Autobots do what they can to help. Jazz and Bumblebee shoot out the guns that blast Prowl, then heat seekers follow him. Prowl transforms to robot mode to dodge heat seeking drones and is met by acid spitting bats. Fortunately the Aerialbots are overhead and shoot the bats down. Prowl enters the base, only to be confronted by electric shock tentacles.
Finally Prowl reaches the control and deactivates the defences. He radios Grimlock, who is holding Wheeljack upside down, and tells him to tell the inventor that next time he shouldn't do such a good job!
- Prowl's transformation immediately removes the heat he was generating, in spite of the laws of energy. This sort of thing has happened before.
Items of noteEdit
- No polar bears appear in the exterior shots in this issue unlike normally.
- Such thing does happen occasionally.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Earthforce".