Grimlock is forced to help the lesser evil...
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 286|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #286
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Grimlock, Prowl, Shockwave, Megatron, Sludge, Swoop, Bludgeon, Starscream,
- Originally published: 1st September 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 8th September 1990.
As the Autobots battle Megatron and Shockwave, Grimlock is forced to send Sludge and Swoop to save Starscream, an order he hates giving. Meanwhile Grimlock and Slag pound the ex Decepticon leaders, sending them running with swords in them and roasted backsides.
Inside the base Swoop and Sludge join with Soundwave and Starscream as they face down Bludgeon, Octopunch and Stranglehold. The three Pretenders' reputation proves to be overrated and they are soon sent fleeing as well.
Grimlock tells Starscream they now have no chance of capturing him unaware, but Starscrem explains that Swoop told him about Snarl's Corrodia Gravis and need for a transfusion from a compatible Transformer and he is willing to provide it if the Autobots will help should Megatron and Shockwave return again. Prowl notes that this also means the lesser evil will be in control and Grimlock agrees. But Starscream isn't so sure he's the less evil...
- Soundwave's shoulder cannon is missing from his first panel appearance but appears for his second and final.
Items of note
- Although the story ends with Snarl due to get the treatment he needs, the previously published story "Destiny of the Dinobots!" shows Snarl suffering from the disease in 1992. And of course this raises the spectre of where exactly the Earthforce stories are meant to fit into the comic continuity...
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Fallen Star".