The Mystery of Ultra Magnus is the thirty-fifth episode of Robots in Disguise. It first aired in the United States on March 30, 2002 on Fox Kids.
In the episode
English dub changes
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Written by: Tom Wyner
Animation and/or technical glitches
- The title of this episode is typo'd onscreen, appearing as "Mystery of the Ultra Magnus." It wasn't the first time.
- As the 35th episode of the series, this episode is seriously out of chronological order. Megatron has become Galvatron by this stage, and would have very little reason to be interested in Ultra Magnus when Fortress Maximus is stomping around. Logically, it ought to fall somewhere between "The Two Faces of Ultra Magnus" and "Fortress Maximus."
- This episode replaces the original Car Robots episode, "Gelshark's Blues," in the Robots in Disguise line-up. Like the previous two clip-shows in the series, "Hope for the Future" and "Lessons of the Past," it is totally different from its CR counterpart, but while those two episodes had a basic similarity of subject matter to the CR episodes, this one has anything but. Whereas "Gelshark's Blues" featured Sky-Byte sadly ruminating on the super-charging of the Autobot Brothers, the emergence of Fortress Maximus and Megatron's transformation into Galvatron, "The Mystery of Ultra Magnus" does away with this wholesale, and pieces together footage from various episodes to create an entirely new story that sees Megatron study the early adventures of Ultra Magnus (despite the continuity error that ensues, as noted above).
- Before it aired, online sources listed the title of this ep as "A Clip Show."
- Indicative of the screwed-up airing on Robots in Disguise, this episode was the last of the series to air on US television.
- It has nothing to do with Dion.