Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the official soundtrack issued in 1986, featuring songs used in The Transformers: The Movie.
The album was originally released on Scotti Bros. Records, and sold in both vinyl LP (long-playing) record form and audio cassette. At an undetermined point in the 90s, it was released on CD as well (there are no new markings on the CD booklet or outer case to indicate when the CD was released).
The movie's soundtrack is a mixture of arena rock and "hair metal" songs by an array of obscure artists, mixed with synthesizer instrumental tracks by Vince DiCola. A lone New Wave-style track by genre parodist "Weird Al" Yankovic rounds out the set.
- 1. The Touch - Stan Bush
- 2. Instruments of Destruction - N.R.G.
- 3. Death Of Optimus Prime - Vince DiCola
- 4. Dare - Stan Bush
- 5. Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way - Spectre General
- 6. The Transformers (Theme) - Lion
- 7. Escape - Vince DiCola
- 8. Hunger - Spectre General
- 9. Autobot/Decepticon Battle - Vince DiCola
- 10. Dare to be Stupid - "Weird Al" Yankovic
In 1997, the newly-formed 3H produced as a BotCon 1997 exclusive a double-CD set called 'Til All Are One. The second disc contains the all of the background score (by Vince DiCola) that was not on the original soundtrack, including several "alternate" pieces for scenes that used songs from the original soundtrack, plus "Legacy", the audition piece that got Vince the job. Other albums released by 3H which include music from the movie are BotCon 97: The Concert, The Protoform Sessions, Artistic Transformations, and Lighting Their Darkest Hour: The Complete Music Score. All of these 3H albums are long since sold out.
On May 29, 2007, Legacy Recordings re-released the soundtrack in a 20th Anniversary Edition containing the above tracks from the original 1986 release plus these additional tracks:
- 11. Unicron Medley - Vince DiCola
- 12. Moon Base 2 - Shuttle Launch - Vince DiCola
- 13. Megatron Must Be Stopped (Parts 1 and 2) - Vince DiCola
- 14. The Transformers Theme (Alternate) - Stan Bush and Vince DiCola
- It's so 80s that it hurts.