Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A group of sentient warring robots crash-lands on Earth four million years ago. When they awake in the present day, their battle begins anew.
The Transformers, a race of sentient robots from the planet Cybertron, have been involved in a eons-old war between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. In an effort to save their home planet from destruction as it passes through an asteroid field, the Autobots lead a mission into space to clear a path through the asteroids. After the mission is completed, the Decepticons attack the weakened Autobot warriors. In a desperate effort to defeat the Decepticons, Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader, crash lands the Autobot spaceship, called the Ark, into the (believed to be) lifeless planet nearby. Four million years later, the Transformers are awakened to discover that this planet (Earth), is not so lifeless after all. The war begins anew...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Many coloring errors throughout the issue.
Items of note
- Cameos: Big Red, Autobot Elder
- Advertised as part 1 in a 4-issue limited series.
- Printed on high-quality Mando paper.
- On May 22, 1983, the first Usenet post about Transformers is posted by Ted Nolan to net.comics, regarding this issue. Capsule review? "Worst comic of the year."
- The cover price is 75 cents, which would be $1.50 when adjusted for inflation to 2007 dollars. In November, 2007, IDW Publishing's Transformers comics currently cost $3.99.
- U.S. cover: Gigantic Optimus Prime, tiny Starscream, Gears, Laserbeak and the Witwickys by Bill Sienkiewicz.
- UK issue 1 cover: Soundwave and Buzzsaw kick Prime's ass by Jerry Paris.
- UK issue 2 cover: The Autobots depart the Ark by John Ridgway.
The Muppets Take Manhattan book and record, The Last Star Fighter