|Specifics: Main image|
After centuries of combat, Thunderblast has formed something of an odd relationship with his long-running rival Sky Lynx. As part of the Air Defense Mini-Con Team, Thunderblast specializes in long-range ground-based defense against aerial attacks, and Sky Lynx specializes in long-range aerial attacks. The two have clashed so many times —at long range, naturally— that they've come to respect each other's skills and welcome the challenges the other provides.
Thunderblast often finds himself thinking that under different circumstances, he and Sky Lynx would be fast friends. But he is still the enemy, so Thunderblast will never let down his vigil in the defense of Earth. After all, he would honestly hate to disappoint Sky Lynx by providing any less a challenge.
- Sky Lynx vs. Thunderblast (Mini-Con 2-pack, 2005)
- Accessory: Missile
- A redeco of Armada Bonecrusher, Thunderblast transforms into a truck with a pressure-launch missile-launcher boom. This launcher becomes his right arm in robot mode. He was normally only available in a 2-pack with Cybertron Sky Lynx. He and Sky Lynx were added to the Voyager-class toy Leobreaker as a Target-exclusive bonus pack for the cost of a normal Voyager.
- This mold was also used by Armada Scattor.
- This is the only version of this mold whose head is not painted to match the colors of the main body, thus revealing that the head is part of a different mold sprue otherwise not used by this Mini-Con.
- Thunderblast's painted-on Autobot sigil ends up on the sole of his left foot in robot mode. Gee.