General Torca's fuzor body equips him well for land and water. His massive size belies his combat skill. Hand-to-hand combat with Torca is a challenge; his huge tusks can swat most Predacons with ease.
IDW Beast Wars comics
Torca was one of the protoforms jettisoned from the Axalon on prehistoric Earth. He was activated and put in chronal phase by Razorbeast at Magmatron's request, but was protected from Magmatron's Predacon shell-program by Razorbeast's viral code.
Soon after awakening, he joined up with K-9, Bantor, Stinkbomb, Armordillo, and Noctorro. During their journey to meet up with Razorbeast, Torca got stuck in some mud. He needed the help of his new travelling companions to free him. After following Razorbeast's signal for days, and picking up more Maximals along the way, Torca exploded into battle (sporting a painted Maximal symbol on his shoulder!) against Magmatron's Predacons. The giant Fuzor tipped the scales, allowing the Maximals to win that altercation. The united group awaited rescue from Cybertron. He ambushed attacking Predacons by hiding under the ground. He helped protect the Maximal shuttle from Unicrons Anglomosis-charged heralds. He later got blown away by a blast from Shokaract which claimed Wolfang, K9 and Insecticon.
3H Universe comics
- Torca (Deluxe Fuzor, 1998)
- Torca's beast mode is a combination of orca and elephant. His dorsal fin becomes his accessory gun; moving the fin back and forth while still plugged into his back makes his tusks pinch in and out a little bit.
- Note that Torca can suffer from gold plastic syndrome
- The sculpt and design for the beast modes of Torca (and likely Bantor) have a somewhat dubious history. An eagle-eyed fan spotted the distinctive beast form amidst the online portfolio of a concept designer around 2002. Upon contacting the designer ("Khang" as per the signatures on the art), he was unaware that his designs had been put to use. This is likely a case of miscommunication between Hasbro, a subcontracted design firm, and the concept artist.
- In Beast Wars: The Gathering, Torca is one of the few Transformers to not have a typical insignia. His insignias in beast form are mutated and blotched to match his Fuzor skin.