It should not surprise anyone that Transformers use furniture. However, it is also notable that they use some types of furniture that would not be necessary.
Transformers have often been shown having chairs, usually at work stations or in front of consoles, but sometimes just for simple relaxation. Bulkhead is capable of forming a chair from his Excess mass. One of the most notable types of chairs is a throne.
- Scrapper once formed a throne out of the structures of some Autobots he had captured. After they were released, those same Autobots formed a throne for Optimus Prime to sit on. Beholding the disturbing sight of his own troops offering themselves as a seat, the Autobot leader declined, saying that thrones were for Decepticons, and that he would rather roll.
- Victory Saber sat upon a throne when he conferred the rank of Supreme Commander on Dai Atlas. Apparently, he didn't get the memo on thrones.
- Megatron had a throne in his fortress at Kaon. He kept the severed head of Emirate Xeon as a decoration on the arm rest. Or an energon goodie jar, considering the way Ravage kept looking at it. Later, Starscream took Megatron's throne for himself when he proclaimed himself Decepticon leader after he (wrongly) believed that he killed Megatron and Optimus Prime.
- Additionally, Megatron also made a throne out of Sentinel Prime's Apex Armor after the fall of Kaon. Notice a pattern yet?
Tables are a fairly common form of furniture.
- Optimus Primal had a desk in his office aboard the Axalon.
- Fortress Maximus often conferred with his fellow Autobots at a conference table in Autobot City.
Perhaps the most unexpected type of furniture used by Transformers, as they do not necessarily sleep.