Transformers: The Last Knight is an upcoming 2017 American science fiction-action film based on the Transformers toy line. It is the fifth installment of the live-action Transformers film series and a direct sequel to 2014's Transformers: Age of Extinction. The film is directed by Michael Bay, with Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci reprising their roles from Age of Extinction, alongside Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, and John Turturro from the first three films. This will be the fifth and final Transformers film to be directed by Michael Bay.
The film is scheduled to be released on June 23, 2017.
Optimus Prime finding his home planet, Cybertron, now a dead planet, which he comes to find he was responsible for killing. He finds a way to bring the planet back to life, but in order to do so he needs to find an artifact, and that artifact is on Earth.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua Joyce
- Isabela Moner as Izabella
- Josh Duhamel as William Lennox
- Tyrese Gibson as Robert Epps
- John Turturro as Seymour Simmons
- Santiago Cabrera as a mercenary
- Laura Haddock as Vivian Wembley
- Anthony Hopkins as Sir Edmund Burton
- Liam Garrigan as King Arthur Pendragon
- Jerrod Carmichael as TBA
- Mitch Pileggi as TBA
- McLaren 570S Transformer
- Mechanical three-headed dragon
|“||Rethink your heroes||”|
On September 27, it was confirmed that Jablonsky will return to write the score, having composed the music of the first four films.
The title was first announced on May 16, 2016 with the first teaser. On July 29, 2016, Michael Bay confirmed an image of a Western Star 4900 SF truck would be the Combaticon Onslaught. The second trailer was released on December 5, 2016.
Transformers: The Last Knight is scheduled to be released on June 23, 2017.