|Titan Transformers Comic > Issue # 7|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Starscream raises the dead - they're coming to get you, Bumblebee...
Transformers #7 was published by Titan Magazines in January 2008.
Less than half an hour ago - Megatron was killed. Starscream nominates himself supreme commander of the Decepticons now that there's no one around to object, though he notes he'll probably need some Decepticons alive to command. Noticing a few rampaging All Spark animated machines, he systematically kills them, harvests their All Spark energy, and uses it to turn the Decepticon corpses into zombies under his direct command.
Back in the present, the Autobots have no idea how to stop the relentless zombies, and Ratchet has no idea how they can possibly be walking around. Optimus states that they can't let them continue unchecked, but as Ratchet is smacked aside, he's forced to admit he doesn't know what to do—"Allspark [sic] help me, Ironhide, I just don't know!". With his power still drained from fighting Megatron, he is similarly unsure how long he can keep fighting...
Luckily, Ratchet works out the zombies are being controlled by corrupted All Spark energy and tells the others to target their weapons on such energy signatures. Doing so, they swiftly kill the zombies. However, Starscream's escaped from the city and still has several sources of All Spark power...
Articles & featuresEdit
- Character Profile: Frenzy
- Top Gear: A chance to win a Star Wars Transformers toy and a High Score 100 toy.
- How to Draw Megatron feature: "If you found this one a bit difficult to draw...well, it's all part of Megatron's evil plans!"
- An utterly awesome zombie Decepticon poster by Geoff Senior.
- Star Screams: Letters and art from readers, answered by Starscream.
- "Fab Free Holographic Gift!": a notebook with holographic "transforming" Optimus Prime cover, and a pen
Reprinted stories are only a portion of their respective issues.
Items of noteEdit
- For some reason, the dead Decepticons have turned grey. This may just be Robin Smith's coloring decision rather than anything written into the script. (A whole lot of grey in issue 1...)
- This issue contains the first post-movie comic strip by any company. It is set between the movie's final battle and the dumping of the Decepticon corpses into the ocean.
- The All Spark-animated machines have solidified All Spark energy within them that can be removed and used for other things; it resembles a small, red All Spark.
- Megatron was killed around about 6:27 PM.
- Interestingly, the zombie Decepticons seen here, are the ones who are absent from the alternate reality storyline of later issues. Even more interestingly, the two other Decepticons confirmed dead (Bonecrusher and Frenzy) are absent from this story and are later portrayed as alive and well in the alternate reality. Bonecrusher hates continuity issues.
- The writers seem to be using the movie adaption's storyline in which Barricade was killed by being beheaded by Optimus Prime. Barricade is the only zombie in this issue whose death is not considered official.
- Starscream seemingly chose not to turn Megatron into a zombie. Which might be just as well, considering as a zombie he might just try to devour Starscream rather than obey him.
- Starscream mentions Simon Furman is a Maximal in the form of a "strategically shaved ape."
- The story says the battle is taking place in "downtown Los Angeles," even though it's actually in Mission City.