- Treader is a Micromaster from the Operation Combination and Micromaster Collection portions of the Generation One continuity family.
Treader is a member of the Build Team, six urban-operations Micromasters who can combine to form Sixbuilder. The Build Team fight alongside the Guard City team and other Micromasters to protect the Earth from the forces of the mighty Decepticon Führer Scrash.
In an alternate-timeline/universe, Treader is the bruiser of the Built Team. He really doesn't talk a lot, but his fists say plenty. He feels he owes Crush-Bull a debt he can never truly repay, so he follows him into the worst situations without hesitation. Though he's the quiet type, he's also compassionate; Spark and Lief in particular idolize him. He also has an evil counterpart running around.
- (Note: Since the Treader of "Operation Combination" had no bio information whatsoever, it is unknown if the "Micromaster Collection" bio is retroactive, applying to the original version as well, though many fans treat it as such.)
Operation: Combination story pages
Treader never appears as an individual, only as a component to Sixturbo's robot mode.
Micromaster Collection Story
- Sixbuilder (Micromaster Sixteam, 1992)
- The original version of Treader was available only as part of a Sixbuilder gift set in Japan. Aside from the dump-truck mode, Treader can form a leg to any of the similar-build Six-Teams (Sixturbo, Sixbuilder or Sixwing), though his nominal placement is as Sixbuilder's right leg. The original Six-Teams are considered among the more difficult Japanese Generation One pieces to find.
- Treader (Micromaster, 2003)
- Sixbuilder ID number: 5
- In 2003, the entire Sixbuilder team was re-released as part of the "Micromaster Collection", in individual boxes with a number visible to show which mold was inside each box. For this release, the team was extensively redecoed; Treader went from black to bright yellow. All decals were also replaced with paint applications.