- Triceradon is a Dinobot from the Beast Machines portion of the Generation One/Beast Era continuity family.
Triceradon is not the smartest Dinobot around. Making up for this, however, is his very amiable, truly friendly nature and his titanic strength in battle. Those qualities are what lead T-Wrecks to make him second-in-command of the Dinobots.
Triceradon's technorganic hide is tough as iron and his horns can generate paralyzing reverse electro fields. He carries two reactonix grenades in his tail.
3H Wreckers Comics
The Dinobots were sent to an unnamed planet by the Oracle, in order to awaken the "sleeping giant" for a mysterious purpose. However, the mission was a fool's errand, arranged by the Quintessons and designed to destroy the Dinobots; the planet was the world where one of their most dangerous creations ever remained a prisoner, the energy-draining Trans-Organic creature known as the Dweller. While his fellow teammates went off to search for the sleeping giant, Triceradon remained behind with the shuttle.
The team headed back to Cybertron, arriving in time to help repel the Quintesson invasion there. During the course of the battle, Triceradon was struck by a mysterious energy field, and vanished into thin air.
- Triceradon (Deluxe, 2000)
- Triceradon is a redeco of the Beast Wars Neo Destron Guiledart. He transforms into a triceratops, and has a third mode that's supposed to look like a dead, decomposing triceratops. Really. His beast-mode tail detaches to become a spring-loaded missile launcher, plus his dino forelegs have flip-out (non-firing) blasters for robot mode.
- The same mold was used as Triceradon for the Wal*Mart exclusive Dinobots line as well, but since that line sadly lacks any backstory or bios it is unknown what connection, if any, that version has to this one. A retooling of this mold was used to make Killer Punch.
- Dinobot Triceradon (Deluxe, 2004)
- Triceradon was redecoed as an Autobot for the Universe line, given the modified name Dinobot Triceradon for stronger trademark protection.