A true fan is somebody who agrees completely and rigidly with the viewpoint of the person using the term.
- "My point of view is the correct one, and if you disagree with me you're not a true fan, and thus not worthy of my time."
- "Anyone who likes Beast Machines isn't a true fan."
- "Anyone who doesn't like Simon Furman isn't a true fan."
- "Anyone who thinks Rumble is red isn't a true fan."
- "Anyone who thinks Hot Rod is responsible for Optimus Prime's death isn't a true fan."
Needless to say, these sorts of people rather annoy most other fans, who regard them as far more likely to ruin it for everyone else than anything Hasbro is ever likely to do.