Grimlock takes some steps back then contemplates going forward...
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 262|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #262Edit
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Ravage, Slag, Motormaster, Sludge, Starscream, Snarl, Swoop and Runamuck.
- Originally published: 17th March 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 24th March 1990.
Grimlock is fighting Shockwave whilst behind him Runabout is crawling towards his gun. But Grimlock is aware of this and steps back, crushing the gun and Runabout's hand. Runabout screams in pain, distracting Shockwave and allowing Grimlock to headbutt him and knock him down. Grimlock looks around as the other Dinobots fight the rest of Shockwave's forces. The Decepticons are trying to discover how Grimlock has revived the Dinobots without the Creation Matrix. Although Swoop gets hit in the wings by Runamuck, Grimlock comes to his aid. The other Dinobots overcome their opponents, and Grimlock comments that nothing can stop the Dinobots.
Optimus Prime has different ideas. He arrives and bluntly tells Grimlock that the Dinobots' tactics endanger humans and threaten the Autobot Code. Prime argues that Autobots only turn to violence as a last resort. Grimlock responds that the Dinobots have achieved their ends and done it their way. Prime responds that whilst the Dinobots are part of his army, they will do things his way, then transforms and rolls out.
Grimlock expresses his annoyance that those who make the rules never know what things are like in the field. Meanwhile, the Decepticons have fled except Runabout, who declares he has volunteered to stay behind. He raises a neutron cannon, which he vows not even Grimlock can survive. Grimlock responds that at this range, Runabout will be caught by the recoil, and he suggests Runabout should take two steps back. The Decepticon does this...and falls down a ravine. Grimlock contemplates withdrawing from the Autobot army...
- How is shooting Grimlock dead going to make him reveal his secrets?
Items of noteEdit
- There are a lot of returns by characters not seen for a while in the present day. Shockwave last appeared in the present day in "Time Wars". The Dinobots last appeared in "Dark Star!" Their resurrection is merely attributed to an "upcoming US story". Runabout & Runamuck last appeared in the present in "Decepticon Graffiti!"
- As subsequent issues would show, the Decepticon forces are split between Shockwave and Megatron.
- Shockwave's force of Starscream, Ravage, Runabout and Runamuck would subsequently appear in the US stories "The Human Factor!", "Eye of the Storm!" and "Surrender!" However Motormaster would never be seen amongst the force there. Reconciling the two continuities is a big nightmare involving Earthforce.
- This story was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Earthforce".